+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I lost my landing paper :(

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will qualify residence requirement this coming November.

I was checking required documents last night, and realized I lost my landing paper that I received at the airport on the day I landed.

Is there any way I can get landing paper or alternative document?

Thanks in advance ;)

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
wcikkk said:
I will qualify residence requirement this coming November.

I was checking required documents last night, and realized I lost my landing paper that I received at the airport on the day I landed.

Is there any way I can get landing paper or alternative document?

Thanks in advance ;)
You may be able to order a copy of you COPR. The information is set on CIC website. Please order as soon as possible to avoid any delay that might be causing.

Lorris

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Get a replacement from CIC. Apply here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

SerenityNow

Aug 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We were missing 1 COPR.

In January 2014, we filled out the Verification of Status form and included a copy of the receipt and a signed letter of explanation with our citizenship applications. They were accepted without any issues.

We received the VOS by email after 6 months.

kslade

Aug 6, 2014
Just so you know, I was asked to present my landing paper after passing the Citizenship Test. They wanted it to verify the dates - however they didn't ask my wife for this document (not sure why).

During the ceremony, they said it is necessary to bring the landing paper, but they didn't collect it.

Best to call CIC and see if they can provide a copy.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kslade said:
Just so you know, I was asked to present my landing paper after passing the Citizenship Test. They wanted it to verify the dates - however they didn't ask my wife for this document (not sure why).

During the ceremony, they said it is necessary to bring the landing paper, but they didn't collect it.

Best to call CIC and see if they can provide a copy.
The COPR is not only needed for immigration purposes. You will need it to apply for old age pensions from the government if you ever need them.
Even after you are a citizen you should maintain that document in a very safe place. COPR is like your birth certificate in Canada.

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks folks.

So it seems there's nothing to worry about..

I just have to request VOS as soon as possible, and apply without COPR but enclose VOS receipt and written explanation.

As long as I get VOS in hand before test or oath, which I doubt it will happen within six months from submitting application , I will be fine.

Did I understand correctly?