+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have 2 weeks to meet the RO

smallwhale

Feb 24, 2010
Friends,

I am seeking to get some advise on my situation.
I just got a very good job offer from Canada. However, in order to meet the RO, I have to move within 2 weeks. It is practically impossible for me to make this move within 2 weeks. I do not really have a H&C reason which will help me in case I get reported at the border for not meeting RO.

What options do I have ?
1) Is it even possible to contact the Canadian consulate/embassy and explain them the situation, hoping to get some grace period in meeting the RO. Fo example, if I tell them that I have the job offer and will move in 2 months from now. I know the chances are slim that they will entertain my request, but do you think if this will be a good option ? If yes, is there a procedure to do that ?

2) Give up my PR, and then reapply again based on the job offer that I receive. In that case, do I need to wait for a long time to get the new PR ? Do I have to appear for the language test and do the educational evaluation again ?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) Not possible.
2) Yes - if you gave up your PR status and applied from scratch - it would be six months at a bare minimum before you would have PR again.

Based on what you've said, your PR card is still valid for 2 years at this point. Move to Canada as soon as you can (even if it's not within 2 weeks). Chances are that you should be able to re-enter without being reported for failing to meet the residency requirement. Assuming you are able to re-enter without being reported, just remain in Canada until you meet RO - you'll be able to apply to renew your PR card then.