+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I had file an appeal at IRB ,My hearing has been scheduled for November 9,2016

KashifM.

Oct 26, 2014
Hello:
My name is Dr. Asma Zia and I am a Canadian citizen. I sponsored my husband in April 2012, the year we got married in Pakistan after my studies. I have been residing in Pakistan since 2006 because of my studies and now that I am married and mother of a child I am looking forward to move back to Canada but along with my husband. On Oct 14, we received an email of refusal of my husband's application that is very distressing for my family and especially me. His medical exam was done in Nov 2012, the same year we sent a courier fulfilling all the requirements for address change. We did not receive any receipt for that. Nov 2013, our documents containing our wedding and honeymoon photographs and affidavits on our new address.
In the refusal email, few grounds are made subjecting the refusal; The foremost reason according to them are the two interview calls mail sent to us in March and June of this year. To our surprise we never received any mail on any of our home addresses. This is very astonishing and depressing for me. I had file an appeal and got a hearing at the Immigration Appeal Division of the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) on November 9, 2016. It is a full day hearing. Does any one have experience in Appeal hearing ? Could you please share your experience with me. I do not what they will ask me? What question they will ask me and my husband and how long does it take? How many people will attend the IRB hearing
Thanks and regards.
Asma Zia

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'd recommend you post to the appeals thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.8460.html

KashifM.

Oct 26, 2014
KashifM. said:
Hello:
My name is Dr. Asma Zia and I am a Canadian citizen. I sponsored my husband in April 2012, the year we got married in Pakistan after my studies. I have been residing in Pakistan since 2006 because of my studies and now that I am married and mother of two child(one is two and half year,2nd is 1 month only) who has also Canadian immigration and passport. I am looking forward to move back to Canada but along with my husband. On Oct 14, we received an email of refusal of my husband's application that is very distressing for my family and especially me. His medical exam was done in Nov 2012, the same year we sent a courier fulfilling all the requirements for address change. We did not receive any receipt for that. Nov 2013, our documents containing our wedding and honeymoon photographs and affidavits on our new address.
In the refusal email, few grounds are made subjecting the refusal; The foremost reason according to them are the two interview calls mail sent to us in March and June of this year. To our surprise we never received any mail on any of our home addresses.. In refusal letter, write clearly ,they are highly satisfied our marriage. This is very astonishing and depressing for me. I had file an appeal through lawyer and got a hearing at the Immigration Appeal Division of the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) on November 9, 2016. It is a full day hearing. Does any one have experience in Appeal hearing ? Could you please share your experience with me. I do not what they will ask me? What question they will ask me and my husband and how long does it take? How many people will attend the IRB hearing
Thanks and regards.
Asma Zia

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Do you have a lawyer for the appeal?
Usually there will be a member from the Immigration Appeal Division there as a judge, a government lawyer, and you and your lawyer if you have one. The lawyer will ask questions about the reasons for refusal. You or your lawyer can phone your husband and ask him questions.