31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Congratulations! :)

VanX7

Nov 8, 2013
But how this timeline can be true if your signature on the left says that you have LANDED in 2012? You are not eligible to apply for citizenship until 2015 if you have LANDED in 2012. EXPLAIN!!

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VanX7 said:
But how this timeline can be true if your signature on the left says that you have LANDED in 2012? You are not eligible to apply for citizenship until 2015 if you have LANDED in 2012. EXPLAIN!!
Actually 2014 would have been when he could apply. But how come you were able to get citizenship now?

VanX7

Nov 8, 2013
Nordicgirl said:
Actually 2014 would have been when he could apply. But how come you were able to get citizenship now?
Not true!! According to the information in his signature, he/she landed in August 2012 and needs 3 years after landing to be eligible to apply. That simply means August 2015 not 2014.

It is unfortunate that we need to be skeptical about posts in forums like this!!

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Relax bud. In my case I had to stay for 2 years from when I got my PR (or landed, I know, I was already in Canada, but that's what they call it), because I came here as a student. I know you might not know this since you might have been here for around 3+ years only. I have been here since 2004, so pretty aware. If the person was a student before 2012 and landed as a PR in 2012, so 2014 sounds right. Enjoy ur Friday 8)

VanX7 said:
Not true!! According to the information in his signature, he/she landed in August 2012 and needs 3 years after landing to be eligible to apply. That simply means August 2015 not 2014.

It is unfortunate that we need to be skeptical about posts in forums like this!!

VanX7

Nov 8, 2013
farrous13 said:
Relax bud. In my case I had to stay for 2 years from when I got my PR (or landed, I know, I was already in Canada, but that's what they call it), because I came here as a student. I know you might not know this since you might have been here for around 3+ years only. I have been here since 2004, so pretty aware. If the person was a student before 2012 and landed as a PR in 2012, so 2014 sounds right. Enjoy ur Friday 8)
Well, read his signature. He applied for his PR from AbuDhabi, so he was outside Canada and not a student or anything..I do not know what to say more... my point was that I do not like people to post fake timelines here and other people start to congratulate them...have a nice weekend!!

Nov 3, 2013
My timeline is

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 6, 2013.

We sent you a notice on September 10, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on November 5, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 27, 2013 at 9:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VanX7 said:
Well, read his signature. He applied for his PR from AbuDhabi, so he was outside Canada and not a student or anything..I do not know what to say more... my point was that I do not like people to post fake timelines here and other people start to congratulate them...have a nice weekend!!
If you'll click on his profile and search for posts, it looks like he had sponsored his wife from that region and that was PR timeline of his wife.

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VanX7 said:

Lol someone is a bit jumpy ;) :D If you check again when you can apply for citizenship, you need to have been in the country for at least three years out of four years before the day you sign your application papers, and out of those three years living in Canada, you have to have been two (2, dos, deux) years as a PR.

farrous13 said:
Exactly! 8)

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EasyRider said:
If you'll click on his profile and search for posts, it looks like he had sponsored his wife from that region and that was PR timeline of his wife.
OK that clarifies it 8)