+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i got canadian pr and didn,t disclose martial status.

Nov 23, 2012
i need advice from senior members of this forum on my situation. i got my canadian pr last week. i got married in month of april this year and i,m australian citizen. i got married in india and applied for my spouse case for australia in month of june.i didn't tell about my martial status to canada.i have time period of approx a year.what is the process of adding spouse to canada. need the help of senior members and forum members. i,m newbie to this forum.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
charming_param said:
i need advice from senior members of this forum on my situation. i got my canadian pr last week. i got married in month of april this year and i,m australian citizen. i got married in india and applied for my spouse case for australia in month of june.i didn't tell about my martial status to canada.i have time period of approx a year.what is the process of adding spouse to canada. need the help of senior members and forum members. i,m newbie to this forum.
It's too late. You were supposed to update your marital status before landing and add your spouse to the application. Since you failed to do this - you can never sponsor your spouse. You also committed misrepresentation by saying you were single when you landed in Canada when you were actually married. If CIC finds out about this misrepresentation your PR status could be revoked.

Nov 23, 2012
Thanks scylla for your advice.i,m in australia and i recieved my pr last week.as i have applied for my spouse case for australia in june thats is the main reason i didn't tell cic. can i inform chc sydney now about my martial status as it mentioned with copr documents about accompanying spouse or dependents. thanks and your advice

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
charming_param said:
Thanks scylla for your advice.i,m in australia and i recieved my pr last week.as i have applied for my spouse case for australia in june thats is the main reason i didn't tell cic. can i inform chc sydney now about my martial status as it mentioned with copr documents about accompanying spouse or dependents. thanks and your advice
OK - when you say you "received your PR" - what do you mean? You need to be clearer. Did you land in Canada last week and become a PR? Or did you recieve your PR visa / CORP?

If you have already landed in Canada and become a PR - it is too late to add your spouse.

If you have not yet landed, then you must return your CORP to the visa office (it is no longer valid), notify them that you are now married and submit all of the paperwork for your spouse so that your spouse can be added to your application. Once the visa office has finished reviewing your spouse's forms, a new CORP will be issued for both of you. Do not land in Canada on the CORP you have now.

Nov 23, 2012
thanks once again mate.i recieved copr visa & i have not landed in canada as i,m in australia.
do i have to send just copr or with my passport along with the accompanying spouse forms for addition.
thanks
charming_param

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
26 september 2011- remeds 25 february 2013
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
we had same case with my husband he got the visa before we got married. what you should do is to send cic an email informing them that you got married and you need to include your wife. they will send you directly all relevant informations.

one piece of advice do it as soon as possible because it will take some time to update your papers. in our case we got married after he got his visa by 4 months and now we are still waiting for the background check to finish..

Nov 23, 2012
thanks alinec. i had sponsored my spouse for australian visa in june as i got married in april in india thats why i didn't tell. i want her australia visa first instead of canada as chc keeps passports for indians so long for security and background check.my spouse had done medicals for australia in oct this year,waiting for australia visa.

grantoron

Nov 14, 2012
Hi scylla,

I need your advice. I applied for Canadian PR under FSW in August 2007 taking the help of a Representative. On April 21, 2012, I got a letter from my representative informing me that I was among few lucky candidates who were selected randomly for this pilot project. To process my case, he demanded additional money. I didn't agree to pay finally after negotiation and I dropped my plan to apply for PNP as May 4th was last date to submit application. Again I got an email from him on May 10th saying that last date for FSW Backlog PNP was extended to May 31st.

However, I took his advice in filling my PNP application to submit application as I am not aware of the process. As he guided, I didn't include my dependents though I am married at the time of filling PNP applications. I was single when I applied FSW in August 2007. He told me that I could include my dependents while filling PR application after receiving the PNP nomination as it is FSW Backlog and need to give the same info as it was given in FSW application in 2007. Now, I received the nomination last week. I am filling PR application and included my dependents now in it. is it OK?

Please advice me if I can include my dependents now in PR application though these dependents were not mentioned in Nomination certificate.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
grantoron said:
Please advice me if I can include my dependents now in PR application though these dependents were not mentioned in Nomination certificate.
Sorry - I have no idea. You should ask this question in the PNP section of this forum.

D.Osman

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-March-2009
File Transfer...
?-Dec.2011
Med's Done....
12.Jun.2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23.Aug.2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 Sep.2012
LANDED..........
by the grace of God at 28th Nov.2012
charming_param said:
just read the foloowing definition listed in Glossary page of CIC website:
Misrepresentation : When a person makes false statements, submits false information, or submits false or altered documents when dealing with CIC. This is a crime. Documents can include: •passports and travel documents,
•visas,
•diplomas, degrees, and apprenticeship or trade papers,
•birth, marriage, final divorce, annulment, separation or death certificates, or
•police certificates.
Lying on an application or in an interview with a CIC officer is also an offence under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Misrepresentation renders a person inadmissible to Canada for a period of 2 years.