+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

snoopy_155

Dec 6, 2017
you cannot use copr for travel. you have to wait till pr card arrives
but can use it as proof of pr for sin number, health card etc
copr can be used for travel only to usa (that too only by road on private vehicle)
if you try board a bus/airline(commercial carrier) you will be denied boarding
Thank you. That makes sense. :) Will see how much will take to get it back. I asked the lady, but she didn't know to tell me much about timeline.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Hi, I'm afraid I do not know the answers to your questions.

In regards to your second question, I called CIC and asked about where my COPR was and then they gave me a tracking number.

Did you send your COPR after your telephone interview as I did?
And you called IRCC call center to get the Xpresspost tracking number?
I appreciate if you could answer these questions.
Again, thanks a lot.

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
Did you send your COPR after your telephone interview as I did?
And you called IRCC call center to get the Xpresspost tracking number?
I appreciate if you could answer these questions.
Again, thanks a lot.
I have my telephone landing scheduled for tomorrow but I am yet to get a COPR from them.

As I am waiting for my COPR from CIC I called and got a tracking number from them as they had posted mine express post.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
I have my telephone landing scheduled for tomorrow but I am yet to get a COPR from them.

As I am waiting for my COPR from CIC I called and got a tracking number from them as they had posted mine express post.

Ok. Your case and mine are completely different.
Thanks again.

AmFrCa

Dec 9, 2017
When you received your email with regards to the telephone landing interview did you have anything written on the email or was it a blank email with the letter attached?

I just spoke to CIC and they informed me there should have been a typed email congratulating you on your approval and the letter attached with the request of time and date.

I received a blank email and the letter attached about the time and date.
Blank email too...

Reactions: 60pop

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
Hi @jayne20475, I'm a little lost in their trunkline help number. What extensions are you using? Thanks
Hi, I think I used 1122 and then they go through your status, listen to that and then there is an option to speak to an operator I believe (I'm sorry I can't remember for sure!). I would recommend trying in the mornings and then after 2.30pm as they are too busy to place you on hold otherwise.

jshenry14

Aug 30, 2017
Good news for me: I finally got COPR delivered to me prior to tomorrow phone interview!
Bad news for me: I just realized that getting PR card requires 2 months of waiting, that doesnt include the time to mail signed COPR to IRCC and waiting for the other copy signed by IRCC to mail back to me (assuming that it might take 15-30 days, consider that now is peak period for mailing etc.
The fact is that I NEED to travel back to Asia on February 9th 2018, which is around 56 days from now. By looking at the PR card processing time (current status 61 days) and waiting for signed COPR mailing back (lets say 15 days), it is too risky for me to go through phone landing and proceed to PR card application because it is very likely that I wont be able to get it before flying.
NOTE: you are not allowed to leave and come back Canada unless you have your PR card or temporary travel document (which is unlikely to get one) in this case.
I think I may have to just give up on phone landing and opt for regular landing procedure. Any opinion guys?

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Good news for me: I finally got COPR delivered to me prior to tomorrow phone interview!
Bad news for me: I just realized that getting PR card requires 2 months of waiting, that doesnt include the time to mail signed COPR to IRCC and waiting for the other copy signed by IRCC to mail back to me (assuming that it might take 15-30 days, consider that now is peak period for mailing etc.
The fact is that I NEED to travel back to Asia on February 9th 2018, which is around 56 days from now. By looking at the PR card processing time (current status 61 days) and waiting for signed COPR mailing back (lets say 15 days), it is too risky for me to go through phone landing and proceed to PR card application because it is very likely that I wont be able to get it before flying.
NOTE: you are not allowed to leave and come back Canada unless you have your PR card or temporary travel document (which is unlikely to get one) in this case.
I think I may have to just give up on phone landing and opt for regular landing procedure. Any opinion guys?

its quite tight only. pr card application is initiated after your copr is signed by cic officer
you have less than 2 months. when are you returning back.? one option is some one could mail it back to your asian address
another option is if you have us visa, land in buffallo and drive through land border in a private vehicle or have some one pick you up

Kirat123

Dec 13, 2017
@jayne20475 so here how my interview went ... got call around 7:30 am ... my case officer asked me about if I have the documents I said no then she said to mail back and she provided me postal code( Montreal office ). I asked if I could just keep it and book appointment at Vancouver office , she wasn’t sure about it , she apologized and said someone would contact u shortly .
I called ircc and told the agent what the case office told me on phone ,, he apologized multiple times and said it's a technical issue with the pilot program, he gave me the COPR document # (one that I have to return as per told by both agent and officer) and then he told me there is already a new COPR on the way or it’s generated and ready to be given per se if the old one comes back . And then after receiving new COPR I would contact them to get appointment with Vancouver office for landing

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
@jayne20475 so here how my interview went ... got call around 7:30 am ... my case officer asked me about if I have the documents I said no then she said to mail back and she provided me postal code( Montreal office ). I asked if I could just keep it and book appointment at Vancouver office , she wasn’t sure about it , she apologized and said someone would contact u shortly .
I called ircc and told the agent what the case office told me on phone ,, he apologized multiple times and said it's a technical issue with the pilot program, he gave me the COPR document # (one that I have to return as per told by both agent and officer) and then he told me there is already a new COPR on the way or it’s generated and ready to be given per se if the old one comes back . And then after receiving new COPR I would contact them to get appointment with Vancouver office for landing
Sorry to hear that. Mine was delivered a few hours later my phone rang for the interview which wasnt proceeded because I didnt have CoPR either.

Could u explain me more about why you cant keep the first one and they have to send you the new one to do normal landing process?

Kirat123

Dec 13, 2017
Sorry to hear that. Mine was delivered a few hours later my phone rang for the interview which wasnt proceeded because I didnt have CoPR either.

Could u explain me more about why you cant keep the first one and they have to send you the new one to do normal landing process?
They said that it’s a technical error and there was a note saying in my file about the old COPR returning it and they have already issued a new COPR something has to do with my file type as I hold Lmia

jshenry14

Aug 30, 2017
its quite tight only. pr card application is initiated after your copr is signed by cic officer
you have less than 2 months. when are you returning back.? one option is some one could mail it back to your asian address
another option is if you have us visa, land in buffallo and drive through land border in a private vehicle or have some one pick you up
Thanks for your suggestion, but I am not dare to risk to mail such important document to travel half of a globe and i will return 2 weeks later, 26th february. :/