+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am sorry but I find this ridiculous of the US to even suggest.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
I am sure they aren't just referencing to airport patdown's. There have been actual sexual assaults by officers before and I am certain it wasn't just a patdown. Now I am positive this is a rare occasion but it isn't none existant either. That doesn't give you the right to tell someone though they should suffer a real sexual assault based on an opinion that you may not agree with though.
Start reading about what the TSA is doing in the US, this is happening to US citizens and visitors.
After refusing to go into an x-ray scanner, I was "patted down" - assaulted, by a TSA agent putting there hands in very inappropriate places.
My doctor asks before doing that, and it would never happen in public.

http://wewontfly.com/

Check out option 3 in the menu.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JimM said:
If he's talking a rouge officer committing rape you can't blame the government for that, all proffesions have criminals in them. I have seen entirely too many idiots equate the new airport patdowns with rape and sexual assault. It's a stupid overreaction and diminishes what actual victims of those crimes went through.
You would reconsider when it happens to you. I have suffered the indignity and it is not pleasant.
It is more common than you think, if someone opts out of being x-rayed the "enhanced pat down" is mandatory.

And people who have suffered full on sexual assault are also up in arms about what the TSA are doing.

JimM

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Baloo said:
Actually it is a sexual assault, when a "pat down" becomes touching other peoples genitalia I know they have gone to far.

BTW "pat down" is no longer in use in the USA.
Bullshit, by your definition I've been assaulted going to concerts since I was a kid.

And yes, "pat down" is still used in the US, I live there I just might know that...

JimM

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Baloo said:
Start reading about what the TSA is doing in the US, this is happening to US citizens and visitors.
After refusing to go into an x-ray scanner, I was "patted down" - assaulted, by a TSA agent putting there hands in very inappropriate places.

So don't fly, problem solved. The patdowns may not be nice but it's a long way from "sexual assault"

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
JimM said:
If he's talking a rouge officer committing rape you can't blame the government for that, all proffesions have criminals in them. I have seen entirely too many idiots equate the new airport patdowns with rape and sexual assault. It's a stupid overreaction and diminishes what actual victims of those crimes went through.
Of course all professions have workers that overstep their boundaries but that doesn't mean it is right or that we don't have a right to blame the government. They are the ones hiring the workers and should not be putting their citizens in subject of any people like that. Now I am sure that some overreact naturally but why does that give them the right to be called an idiot. If having respect for my body and not wanting to be touched in inappropriate places makes me an idiot than I must be a big one. If they are actually sexually assaulted it doesn't diminish victims of the other crimes, they went through similar things. No matter how small or big, it is still wrong and shouldn't be done. People have a right to overreact if they feel their privacy is being taken advantage of.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JimM said:
Bull*censored word*, by your definition I've been assaulted going to concerts since I was a kid.

And yes, "pat down" is still used in the US, I live there I just might know that...
Clearly someone squeezing your testicles in a public area cause you no problem.

Please read the TSA guidelines, it is an "enhanced pat down".
As described on the TSA blog.

http://blog.tsa.gov/2010/08/enhanced-pat-downs.html

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
Love_Young said:
I have only been visiting Canada for 2 years but within that short time, I have seen the US go downhill.
Makes me want to go home less and less. I am almost afraid as to what I will subject myself to just trying to visit my family.
I shouldn't have to be afraid or ashamed of visiting home. I am a citizen so why can't I be treated as one?
Love young, that just reminded me of a story ... When I was living in Edinburgh (I am also a UK citizen born in Canada) I was working in a pub. There was a guy sitting there and I asked him what he wanted to drink.. He asked for a Budweiser. I asked him where he was from as I couldn't place his accent 100% as it seemed to be a mismash of many. He said he was from Canada - completely not convinced, I asked him from where. When he told me he was from Toronto however on the weekends he liked to 'swing by Vancouver to ski' as there were no real ski hills in Toronto and go clubbing in Montreal on other weekends... I knew he was full of it... turns out.. he was from Michigan. I felt really bad for him. When I called him on it, he said he always wanted to travel through Europe but felt he had to tell people he was from Canada as people were nicer to him.... As nice as it is to take the compliment, it is sad that there are a few of our neighbours that are ruining it for the rest of their own country - and when I say this, I mean the media and some people who feel their opinion is the only one that matters making it difficult to hear the ones that actually do.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JimM said:
So don't fly, problem solved. The patdowns may not be nice but it's a long way from "sexual assault"
Do you actually consider a stranger touching someone else's genitalia as something other than sexual assault?

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
Guys relax. the whole discussion is wasted time. this is not going to happen. both countries are way too depending on each other...

HoneyBird2

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baloo said:

I went through the x-ray scanner.
Why?
Cause I was having my Periods and I thought if the officer touches me down there and feels the padding...they would think i am carrying drugs in a bag in my crotch and strip me naked and poke my front and back.
Do you know how embarrassing that would be?

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
JimM said:
My sister just returned from a vacation to the States. She's unable to enter the Xray because she has a pacemaker and shes advised not too. She's a very liberal open girl but the so called "patdown" she had to experience has actually made her not want to fly through there again. It was wayyyyy overly invasive, genitals were touched. So yep she won't visit again.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patiently_waiting said:
Love young, that just reminded me of a story ... When I was living in Edinburgh (I am also a UK citizen born in Canada) I was working in a pub. There was a guy sitting there and I asked him what he wanted to drink.. He asked for a Budweiser. I asked him where he was from as I couldn't place his accent 100% as it seemed to be a mismash of many. He said he was from Canada - completely not convinced, I asked him from where. When he told me he was from Toronto however on the weekends he liked to 'swing by Vancouver to ski' as there were no real ski hills in Toronto and go clubbing in Montreal on other weekends... I knew he was full of it... turns out.. he was from Michigan. I felt really bad for him. When I called him on it, he said he always wanted to travel through Europe but felt he had to tell people he was from Canada as people were nicer to him.... As nice as it is to take the compliment, it is sad that there are a few of our neighbours that are ruining it for the rest of their own country - and when I say this, I mean the media and some people who feel their opinion is the only one that matters making it difficult to hear the ones that actually do.
One of the things that Canada has to keep reminding america is the 9/11 crazies did not arrive via Canada.
The sad thing is the USA is actually making things worse, at home and abroad. Once a great country, but now its citizens live in fear.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
patiently_waiting said:
Aww that is so sad that he actually felt he had to do that but sadly I would think about doing the same depending on where I visit. The looks I get sometimes just saying I am from the US are some I would like to forget. But the US is my home and no matter how some may not like that, that doesn't change the love I have for it or that I was born there. I may not agree with everything my country may do but really who does always agree with everything their country does? All bad points aside, I still love my home and country.

Patricksgirls

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
I think alot of us neighbor citizens have enough hassle crossing the border to visit our loved ones :-X Perhaps we Americans are not consuming enough Tim Hortons

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelKel said:
My sister just returned from a vacation to the States. She's unable to enter the Xray because she has a pacemaker and shes advised not too. She's a very liberal open girl but the so called "patdown" she had to experience has actually made her not want to fly through there again. It was wayyyyy overly invasive, genitals were touched. So yep she won't visit again.
A similar description as my encounter, way too much, so I don't fly into the USA anymore.