+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i-94 Report

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
During my Citizenship test and interview, i was asked to provide i-94 records from US within 30 days

I-94 report is available online, i have taken that but it doesn't seem to be complete. It is even missing trips that i have mention in my residence calculator. And even missing 70% of my day trips.

Also it shows my 2 day trips as

6-Feb-2015 Departure
9-Feb-2015 Arrival

according to which it seems i was away for 3 days which is not true.

Now i have ordered FOIA report too but it won't come within 30 days.

So what are my options, should i send i-94 report which they have asked for which is incomplete, or should i wait for FOIA report and send that only.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smile_Canada said:
During my Citizenship test and interview, i was asked to provide i-94 records from US within 30 days

I-94 report is available online, i have taken that but it doesn't seem to be complete. It is even missing trips that i have mention in my residence calculator. And even missing 70% of my day trips.

6-Feb-2015 Departure
9-Feb-2015 Arrival

So what are my options, should i send i-94 report which they have asked for which is incomplete, or should i wait for FOIA report and send that only.

Send the i-94 with a cover letter stating those two entries are day trips. If possible some additional proof of any credit card activity in Canada between those days. In the same mail state that you have also requested for FOIA CBP entry/exit records and their processing times are longer than 6 months.

You should be ok.

Even if you dont have proof credit card statement for the time in between some kind of call history for that month ( last resort as mobile companies charge). If you dont have any proof then CBSA may show your entry so do not worry about it much.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The FOIA Report takes a least 6 months. I ordered mine back in March 2015 and I am still waiting.

Smile_Canada said:

6-Feb-2015 Departure
9-Feb-2015 Arrival

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
The FOIA Report takes a least 6 months. I ordered mine back in March 2015 and I am still waiting.
can u track ur FOIA report, because i applied mine few days back and it is showing to be done by Sep 21,

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smile_Canada said:
can u track ur FOIA report, because i applied mine few days back and it is showing to be done by Sep 21,
After sep 21 you can request for expedited processing. You will have to raise a new request with reference to the existing one. The new one should be marked as expedited

harak

Oct 11, 2017
After sep 21 you can request for expedited processing. You will have to raise a new request with reference to the existing one. The new one should be marked as expedited
Can you please let me know how to apply for FOIA report ?

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
During the interview, I was asked to sign a waiver allowing IRCC to access my i-94 online. But I had a copy in my bag that I had printed a few hours earlier, so I gave that copy to them, too.
My record looked quite accurate, I must say, I didn't find discrepancies.

Reactions: cheerup

cheerup

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
During the interview, I was asked to sign a waiver allowing IRCC to access my i-94 online. But I had a copy in my bag that I had printed a few hours earlier, so I gave that copy to them, too.
My record looked quite accurate, I must say, I didn't find discrepancies.
Hi, I am in the same situation except I did not have I-94 with me. I am not sure what to expect now. How long would it take to DM. Please share your experience. Are you all done?

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Hi, I am in the same situation except I did not have I-94 with me. I am not sure what to expect now. How long would it take to DM. Please share your experience. Are you all done?
It took me 3.5 months to DM, but then I received the oath invitation after a week. Best of luck.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
As someone who has 270+ border crossings in the five year period relevant to the citizenship applications due to my job as a truck driver, I found the I94 records totally useless because they only cover a certain number of previous crossings and once you reach that number, nothing else shows and even the period of time that was there had many many missing entries in to the US.
I requested my CBSA records to ensure I could accurately document the handful of day trips in my car over the border I had made without recording and noticed that 15 out of my 270 entries in to Canada in the truck were missing, which is quite alarming but if the USA authorities and the CBSA can't keep proper records, there's nothing at all I can do about it. I have my five years worth of drivers log books, which all accurately document each crossing in to the US and back in to Canada to within the nearest 15 minutes and my physical presence calculator reflects that. I won't be surprised if I get some hassle over it but I've been completely honest and can do no more.