+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Husband pr obligation and travelling back

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
My husband got his pr in july 2018. He came in july 2018 for 2 weeks (14 days) than he left. Later he came back in dec 2018 for another 2 weeks (14 days). So in total he has 28 days in canada. Later I went to india to visit him in feb 2019 for est 4 months. (Est 120 days). I canadian citizen, does that count towards his pr requirements?? Later my daughter also went to visit him who is canadian citizen for 30 days. ( wondering if that would count towards his pr status?)
My another question is, he plans to come to canada on April or may 2020. Would he be stopped or his pr be in trouble??
If he ever goes back to india now, one of us will be going with him...
I just gave birth to another daughter of ours who is also canadian citizen., so he is coming for us.
Most likely he will be staying but If anything changes than we will be going with him.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husband got his pr in july 2018. He came in july 2018 for 2 weeks (14 days) than he left. Later he came back in dec 2018 for another 2 weeks (14 days). So in total he has 28 days in canada. Later I went to india to visit him in feb 2019 for est 4 months. (Est 120 days). I canadian citizen, does that count towards his pr requirements?? Later my daughter also went to visit him who is canadian citizen for 30 days. ( wondering if that would count towards his pr status?)
My another question is, he plans to come to canada on April or may 2020. Would he be stopped or his pr be in trouble??
If he ever goes back to india now, one of us will be going with him...
I just gave birth to another daughter of ours who is also canadian citizen., so he is coming for us.
Most likely he will be staying but If anything changes than we will be going with him.
Time with you may not necessarily count. It sounds like he never established himself in Canada after he got PR and you are going to live with him. The move isn’t prompted by the Canadian citizen.

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Time with you may not necessarily count. It sounds like he never established himself in Canada after he got PR and you are going to live with him. The move isn’t prompted by the Canadian citizen.
So he stayed only for 14 days and if he comes back for good fron april 2020, would he be stopped??

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
He will be let in no matter what as a PR but if he is compliant with his RO he doesn’t risk being reported.
Sorry I don't understand.
So he is at risk being reported??
We don't want to lie or do any fraud. We genuinely are stuck with his bussiness. He is in process of having everything closed n getting his parnets (as their is no one for them but him) set properly before he comes here. We got married in 2012 but we waited till 2017 to apply to be sure. But after his pr things got complicated or maybe got complicated by us. We want our family life to be in canada only. He is trying his best to get all resolved by april 2020. If not than for sure by dec 2020. If needed he will let go and do major loss in bussiness n come.
Should we inform ircc n let them know before he comes in april??

Sorry and what do you mean by RO??
His pr expired in july 2023 and this are his first 5 years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry I don't understand.
So he is at risk being reported??
We don't want to lie or do any fraud. We genuinely are stuck with his bussiness. He is in process of having everything closed n getting his parnets (as their is no one for them but him) set properly before he comes here. We got married in 2012 but we waited till 2017 to apply to be sure. But after his pr things got complicated or maybe got complicated by us. We want our family life to be in canada only. He is trying his best to get all resolved by april 2020. If not than for sure by dec 2020. If needed he will let go and do major loss in bussiness n come.
Should we inform ircc n let them know before he comes in april??

Sorry and what do you mean by RO??
As long as he can complete the 2 out of 5 year requirement from his landing date he is fine. No need to contact anyone.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
On cic says accompanying canadian spouse or child counts toward pr ... in what circumstances does that apply
If HE would be accompanying YOU outside of Canada but in your situation you are the one who were accompanying him so it doesnt apply to your case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
On cic says accompanying canadian spouse or child counts toward pr ... in what circumstances does that apply
The fact that he never settled in Canada after PR and continued running his business means that your visits outside Canada are not due to the Canadian citizen. You are accompanying him not the other way around as someone else has said. Many times it is overlooked if you both were in Canada and both moved abroad but in your case the chances of being overlooked are much less given that your husband never settled in Canada and you have essentially been visiting each other for short periods of time before returning to Canada.