+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How will I extend??

bforrester21

Mar 26, 2012
Im currently coming to the end of my 1 year working holiday visa. I wish to extend my visa for another 12 months but honestly dont know which route to take. As I understand it, there are currently the following options available to me:

Work permit extension - For this I need an LMO and my current employer does not partake in the LMO scheme so I cant do this.

BC provincial scheme - In order to be sponsored this way I would have had to spend 9 months with my company prior to applying. I have only been with my company 3 months so this route is difficult for me to take

Common-Law - I have lived with my girlfriend for 12 months but not continuosly. There was a 7 month gap in between the two 6 month periods of living with her. So this one is out the question.

IEC - 2nd yr working holiday visa - In order to get this I have to have lived in England for 18 months of the last 3 years...and I havent. My time in Canada over the last 11 months plus my time away in Australia and New Zealand means I wont qualify.

So how am I going to do it???

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to extend my visa. I only have 2 months left on my remaining one. I am running out of time...

Help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You could change your status to a tourist visa. Assuming your application is approved, this would give you another six months in Canada (at the end of which you could apply to extend your visit for another six months). Note that you would NOT be allowed to work as a tourist.

If you want to stay and keep working, then you'll need to find an employer who is willing to go through the LMO process.

Good luck.