+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how u can prove ur relationship in canada

oct05

Jul 11, 2008
pls can someone give me advice how i can prove my relationship in my brother in law who in canada.chc demands birth cert but he dont have .

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
oct05 said:
pls can someone give me advice how i can prove my relationship in my brother in law who in canada.chc demands birth cert but he dont have .

Hi Oct05

I guess your relationship with your brother-in-law does not count for adaptability, it has to be through your sister's PR or citizenship document, or if you have a nephew or niece (Canadian citizens), they will give you points...

For instance, I had to send my niece’s birth certificate along with my brother's notarized birth certificate as well in order to prove our relationship, CIC did not ask for any of sister-in-law documents (she is Canadian citizen)

Good luck
Eduardo

Bluff Master

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
Eduardo is right about who can be proved as your relative. You can get more information on this from the cic website.

As an example, to show your uncle (your father's brother) as your relative, you need to show a document which has his name and his father's name on it. ALso you need to show a document with your father's name on it with his father's name. Father name on both the documents should be same.

GOOD LUCK

Arnie4jesus

Jul 16, 2008
Just wondering ?

Brother in Law means your wife's brother or your husband's sister?

If your wife's brother, well then you can claim points!

It is either you and your common law partner who has relative in Canada....

Arnie

eltrabily

Jul 12, 2010
Guys,

I have a problem, when i applied to the CIC, i mentioned my wife's aunt in the application as a canadian relative, and i have no problem with the proof of relationship.

But the main problem is the proof of residency, i cannot proof her reesidency as she is travelling a lot with her husband and i cannot catch her at all, am trying to contact her for 3 months now and i cannot catch her.

Just for you information she is 67 years old, do you think the the visa office will accept this point, as if they reject it i'll be less than 67 and they will refuse my case

And for your information in my visa office check list, they didn't mention the proof of residency, they just ask for proof of relationship and proof of citizenship.

Do you think it will works? !!!!!!!!!!

Please help am really worry !!