This is insane
They have to approve or refuse I dont care
They received my passport on April 23

I have sent several mails and faxed too
No response just computer generated standard reply

Thanks

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
You can go directly but that could not be possible depending on your location.
Did you sent a return envelope?
Have you asked other people that sent to the same office as you did about their timelines?

plutocupid

Apr 30, 2013
I sent return express mail postage paid one
I cant travel until next week to NY
What should I carry to the embassy to get back my passport
The letter they asked me to send passport and the USPS tracking showing delivered to the embassy Right
What times do they allow us inside

CrazzyCanuck

May 13, 2013
Hi, Really sad to hear your story which seems to be rather too frequent. If you need to your passport immediately, there is no other way than to travel to NYC to fill up the withdraw form and talk to one of those pathetic consulate employees. Even then you probably will not get it right back. They will tell you that they will send it back through your pre-arranged passport return method. These fools do not respond to your emails or fax and they do not provide a number you can call... If you want to find out how insenstive humans can really become, then apply for a visitor visa to Canada and you will find out.

meng5656

Apr 23, 2013
Seems like LA office is far better than NY office. LA office only took 18 days to approve my application and 8 days to stamp my visa and sent passport back. So do not use NY office at all.

ycl666

May 14, 2013
meng5656 said:
Seems like LA office is far better than NY office. LA office only took 18 days to approve my application and 8 days to stamp my visa and sent passport back. So do not use NY office at all.
Isn't it that all the online applications for TRV in US are handled and approved in Ottawa?