27/04/2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11/06/2015
LANDED..........
AUG 2015
Hello All,

Good to see this forum!! Its my first post in this group.

With the grace of God, DM for my file and received the PPR mail yesterday and I am planing to land in 1st week of Aug'15.

I am Into financial sector working as Collection Manager, wanted to know job market of collection there in Canada

Which place you people suggest me to land and what are the tips to get job in early days.

Regards

sagheero

Dec 8, 2015
Dear All

Very informative thread! Must say I am inspired by all the stores. Though I am a far way off from even getting ITA, I want to be prepared. I am applying under NOC Code 1112 (Financial & Investment Analyst). I do realise Canada has a smaller market for equity and that too some big names like RBC etc. But a lot of boutique firms have sprung up for Investment Advisory, of which I have experience too (total exp 11yrs). I was wondering if some international designations like CFA/CFP are valid in Canada and should I complete them before I come there or some Canadian distance finance course to give me enough certification to earn the employer's trust?

Thanks and hoping for your replies!

Minta1

Jan 3, 2019
Qorax your post puts things into perspective and sets expectations.

I also would like to add timing as a major factor which could make a lot of difference. I see a lot of jobs right now in my area but haven't got a PR so there is no point me even applying for those, given the random timelines ( 1-5months from the stage where I am) there is no company willing to wait that much.

I am counting on the time after recieving the PPR as grace period to land an opportunity.
Just wondering - Why would you move unless you have a job lined up? Either you or your spouse? Landing without any job is risky unless you are moving from say the US, have that work ex and or have a lot of savings to dip into.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just wondering - Why would you move unless you have a job lined up? Either you or your spouse? Landing without any job is risky unless you are moving from say the US, have that work ex and or have a lot of savings to dip into.
I's very hard to get a job while living in another country. Employers want to meet you and be able to start relatively quickly.

Reactions: ibtee and jpmwamba