+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to send LOA after deferral?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi! I need your help. Has anyone be in this situation?

On June 9, 2022, along with my wife and son, I submitted an application for a study permit for a post degree diploma (PDD)in Business Law from Douglas College, beginning in the fall semester of 2022, specifically on September 6, 2022.

Douglas College required me to submit my study permit approval by July 31, 2022, or decide whether to withdraw or defer my entrance.

Since I did not get a response from IRCC until the deadline, I had to defer my entrance to the program for the fall semester of 2023, since this specific program is only taught in this semester.

Consequently, on August 23, 2022, I obtained a new letter of acceptance (LOA) and notified IRCC with it through a webform uploaded on August 30, 2022. Their response was: “ We’re experiencing a high volume of requests, so our response may be delayed. We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.”

However, the permit was approved with an expiration date of November 30, 2023, and my visa already stamp, which worries me because my program ends on August 31, 2024, according to the new acceptance letter.

What should I do?
This is common. You extend your study permit next fall when you are in Canada.

Reactions: Geet7

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hi! I need your help. Has anyone be in this situation?

On June 9, 2022, along with my wife and son, I submitted an application for a study permit for a post degree diploma (PDD)in Business Law from Douglas College, beginning in the fall semester of 2022, specifically on September 6, 2022.

Douglas College required me to submit my study permit approval by July 31, 2022, or decide whether to withdraw or defer my entrance.

Since I did not get a response from IRCC until the deadline, I had to defer my entrance to the program for the fall semester of 2023, since this specific program is only taught in this semester.

Consequently, on August 23, 2022, I obtained a new letter of acceptance (LOA) and notified IRCC with it through a webform uploaded on August 30, 2022. Their response was: “ We’re experiencing a high volume of requests, so our response may be delayed. We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.”

However, the permit was approved with an expiration date of November 30, 2023, and my visa already stamp, which worries me because my program ends on August 31, 2024, according to the new acceptance letter.

What should I do?
You should be able to travel with your Visa and if your SP is issued at the port of entry with an expiration date prior to the end of your studies, you can apply for a SP extension. Don't worry...

J.tee

Aug 6, 2022
Hello newbie, You need to spend time reading past posts dating back to 2020 for full insight. If you defer for more than 1 year, IRCC can cancel your unactivated SP. It has happened before and can happen again.

And I guessed you missed the part where I said OP needs to contact IRCC directly to confirm.
They did say i will have to reapply.

Reactions: wonderbly

Gunjan5658

Nov 24, 2022
Hello,

I have my visa issued and passport has been printed for May'21 intake. However, I couldn't attend classes and has to defer to Sep'21 intake.

How to notify ircc and how to send new loa to them??
If that's not it, what are the steps I need to follow or not follow?
Hey!! This means your visa had expired on your start of the may,21intake classes??

sajeetha94

Jul 3, 2022
With deferral of less than 150 days, you don't need to inform IRCC. You only need to inform them if you are deferring for more than 150 days. I also deferred from May to Sept cos I got my approval too late.
Hi,
I have my study permit approved on 28th Dec, but I won't be able to reach Canada for Jan intake before my program start date, considering passport stamping timelines. My course has no May intake and hence if I defer to Sep will I have to submit a new study permit application

Can you please respond

Thanks in advance

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Hi,
I have my study permit approved on 28th Dec, but I won't be able to reach Canada for Jan intake before my program start date, considering passport stamping timelines. My course has no May intake and hence if I defer to Sep will I have to submit a new study permit application

Can you please respond

Thanks in advance
If your current Visa is expiring after your new intake starts, then you just need to inform IRCC about your deferrel through a webform as the gap is more than 150 days.

sajeetha94

Jul 3, 2022
If your current Visa is expiring after your new intake starts, then you just need to inform IRCC about your deferrel through a webform as the gap is more than 150 days.
Hi,

Thank you for the response. If we raise a webform that we have deferred, will VO or IRCC will respond that the new LOA was received and can travel with the same permit or we can just upload LOA and travel for Sep term

My other concern is that will there be any issues at POE

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Hi,

Thank you for the response. If we raise a webform that we have deferred, will VO or IRCC will respond that the new LOA was received and can travel with the same permit or we can just upload LOA and travel for Sep term

My other concern is that will there be any issues at POE
You wont get any response probably, just an automatic acknowledgement email, because you just inform them about your new intake. And you won't face any issues during Immigration, keep that automatic acknowledgement email with you in case they ask.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi,

Can you please respond

Thanks in advance
Hi, I am not sure what the current rule is regarding this. You'll have to contact IRCC to ask. You can try reaching them on twitter. Good luck.

Ben30

Dec 4, 2022
Hello, so I have applied for January 2023 on Hello, so I have applied for January 2023 on September bussines marketing. No response from ircc im planning to defear but its not available for MAY intake but their is Bussines administration marketing simmilar if i send my new LOA with different program would that affect my application and i do need LOE for changing program?

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Hello, so I have applied for January 2023 on Hello, so I have applied for January 2023 on September bussines marketing. No response from ircc im planning to defear but its not available for MAY intake but their is Bussines administration marketing simmilar if i send my new LOA with different program would that affect my application and i do need LOE for changing program?
You may need a new study permit for changing program.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
As long as the new program is still at the same DLI, you should be fine. No need to apply for a new study permit. Send your new LOA via webform.

Good lucj.

abisha7

Jul 14, 2023
Hy i have applied for July intake but I haven't received any update about my visa so i deferred to October intake and i have also received New LOA from college and i have also given biometric should I need to send new LOA to ircc but i have received new LOA on 8july what should I do or not
Plz help me

Dhani

Mar 1, 2020
Hy i have applied for July intake but I haven't received any update about my visa so i deferred to October intake and i have also received New LOA from college and i have also given biometric should I need to send new LOA to ircc but i have received new LOA on 8july what should I do or not
Plz help me
If ur new LOA is for october intake then you can just share it with ircc using webform. It does'nt matter if you have received it in july.