+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to report marriage fraud by Cuban who now has PR card

cat1022

Mar 14, 2017
Hello,
My daughter was abandoned after 2 months once her husband arrived (OCT 2015) from Cuba on a permanent PR card as they have a child together. He claims marital breakdown is why he left. He was gone 3 months before even contacting her again to see his child.
He has supervised visits now with his child ( I do supervision), and he wants to see the child on his own. He has lied about so much, turns out he was in Jail in Cuba after he got his police check in Cuba. We just found out that he's had a new girlfriend since May of 2016.

I've submitted an email to citizenship/immigration with his file number, anyone had success with a case of marriage fraud obtained by misrepresentation to get a family sponsorship?

Thanks! Cat

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to check if he has condition 51 on his PR, if he does you have until Oct of this year (as per your stated landing date) to report him IRCC. If there is no condition 51, you have no claim with IRCC.

But, regardless, it seems that this goes beyond IRCC, you need to "lawyer up" and make sure he is paying child support and/or alimony.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
jeffporfirio1 said:
If there is no condition 51, you have no claim with IRCC.
turns out he was in Jail in Cuba after he got his police check in Cuba
If he was arrested, convicted, jailed, and didn't tell CIC about it, then there's definitely a misrepresentation claim to be made for it.

Mrs.Suarez

Sep 15, 2017
Hello,
My daughter was abandoned after 2 months once her husband arrived (OCT 2015) from Cuba on a permanent PR card as they have a child together. He claims marital breakdown is why he left. He was gone 3 months before even contacting her again to see his child.
He has supervised visits now with his child ( I do supervision), and he wants to see the child on his own. He has lied about so much, turns out he was in Jail in Cuba after he got his police check in Cuba. We just found out that he's had a new girlfriend since May of 2016.

I've submitted an email to citizenship/immigration with his file number, anyone had success with a case of marriage fraud obtained by misrepresentation to get a family sponsorship?

Thanks! Cat
Did you ever get anything back from immigration? Did he get deported? I married a cuban man and finding out it was a big mistake and now trying to see what my options are.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did you ever get anything back from immigration? Did he get deported? I married a cuban man and finding out it was a big mistake and now trying to see what my options are.
It depends on the details and when your husband landed and became a PR.

Condition PR was eliminated. So there is no longer a rule that states it's mandatory for your husband to live with you for two years after landing.