+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to organize all attachments.. ?? Help needed :)

KJS77

Sep 23, 2009
Hi Guys !

Could somebody help me, how to organize applications, specially all attachments ? Please please..

For example:

Sponsored spouse/partner questionnaire,

#24 - Has your sponsor visited you during the period of your relationship – Provide documentary evidence.

There is not enough space for us in forms to answer the question, so I need to attach separate sheet of paper and give the details like when, for how long..

Where exactly should I attach this extra sheet of paper ?? At the end of the questionnaire ??

I also have to provide documentary evidence – should I attach to this extra sheet of paper also 8 tickets, copies of passport, hotels booking and other or just write that all documentary evidence is in section Proof of relationship to sponsor ?

Thanks for any help and sorry for my weak english

:)

whoppi

Aug 7, 2009
KJS77 said:
Hi Guys !

Could somebody help me, how to organize applications, specially all attachments ? Please please..

For example:

Sponsored spouse/partner questionnaire,

#24 - Has your sponsor visited you during the period of your relationship – Provide documentary evidence.

There is not enough space for us in forms to answer the question, so I need to attach separate sheet of paper and give the details like when, for how long..

Where exactly should I attach this extra sheet of paper ?? At the end of the questionnaire ??

I also have to provide documentary evidence – should I attach to this extra sheet of paper also 8 tickets, copies of passport, hotels booking and other or just write that all documentary evidence is in section Proof of relationship to sponsor ?

Thanks for any help and sorry for my weak english

:)
Hi KJS77,

When we sent our application, any question that we needed to add an additional sheet, we just attached the sheet right after the page with that specific question; this seemed less confusing to me. In regards to the additional "evidence", we attached an additional section called "Supporting Documents" that included plane tickets, photos, emails, etc..and paper clipped that section seperately. So, in total we sent 3 seperate things; the sponsorship application (with required supporting documents), PR application (with required supporting documents) and supporting documents. I'm sure there's no right or wrong way to compile all of the information, I just think it's important to send a complete package that's organized and easy to follow.

Hope this helps :D

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey KJS77,

First and foremost what I did was have 3 different "sections" for the application.

1. Sponsor's documents
2. Principal Applicants Documents
3. Relationship Supporting documents

I created a title page for each section, and also a content page for each section- for organization and an easy way for the IO to look for something. (Each section is paper clipped together, and then I have used a big clip to clip all three sections together before placing in envelope to mail to immigration)

What I did for any questions that required more information was create an appendix, that I attached to the back of the section pertaining to it. Example: Spouse questionaire # 9, I wrote "Please see Appendix A" . I then typed out "Appendix A" as a heading, added the IMM form #, question and answer and attached it to the back of the Principal Applicants documents. There were several Appendices for that particular section, so I had Appendix A, B, C etc... all at the back of the section.

Also- on a side note, when a question would ask for evidence, such as trips/dates visiting each other I wrote beside it "Please see evidence/itinerary in supporting documents section". So, if for instance your Appendix question also required evidence, just write beside any dates for trips etc... "Please see documentation/evidence in supporting documents".

It's super straight forward this way, and to be honest my application is very organized. I am a 4th year University student, so after doing many business proposals and 34 page papers- I have luckily learned a thing or two about organization!

If you want- I can go into detail and send you copies of the contents page for each section and where I put what- gives you an idea of how different people are doing it.

Good luck!

midwifemia

Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2009
File Transfer...
25/01/2010
Med's Done....
27/10/2009
Passport Req..
08/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
26/04/2010
LANDED..........
01/05/2010
Has your sponsor visited you during the period of your relationship – Provide documentary evidence.
Actually, on the subject of that question, my sponsor & I have been living together for almost the entire period of our relationship, save for a 10 week period when I returned to the UK when my visa ran out and he remained in Canada saving money for our NZ trip. So do I say no, we haven't 'visited' each other, and explain we have just always been together? Or yes, we have, and maybe show our tickets for our flights to LA (me from the UK, him from Toronto) to meet up before travelling onwards to NZ?

Mia

Alicia74

Aug 10, 2009
Hi diddagirl,

I would really appreciate it if you could go into detailed on how you organized your attachments.

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alicia74 said:
Hi diddagirl,

I would really appreciate it if you could go into detailed on how you organized your attachments.
Hi Alicia,

I sent you an email!

Sep 22, 2009
I organized my application materials into 5 groups:

1. Document checklists
2. Sponsor forms
3. Immigrant forms
4. Sponsor supporting documents
5. Immigrant supporting documents

Each group had a title page which listed the contents for that group, and each group was slid into a clear plastic sleeve (open on the top and one side). At 162 pages, I felt that the application would be too bulky if paper clips were added on top of what was already there. I used no staples at all so that the application can be copied or split apart as desired easily. The entire application was placed into a folder which was labeled with my name, the name of my sponsor, the class of visa for which I am applying, and to/from addresses.

Both 2 and 3 involved additional sheets of paper for answers which would not fit in the space provided on the forms. The additional sheets were grouped after the forms and labeled with either "Sponsor: xyz" or "Principal applicant: xyz" and "Additional sheets of paper, page x of y". Each additional sheet of paper contained the answer to one question only. I title the page with the number and name of the form and repeated the question number and question before presenting the answer. In cases where the forms used tables, I also used tables.

For the proof of relationship materials in 5, I split them into numbered attachments, each showing a different type of proof. For instance, "Attachment #1: Postcards written to xyz from xyz (2 pages)". Page 1 of each attachment was a summary page with a detailed description of the materials in that particular attachment. Each page of each attachment was labeled with "Principal applicant: xyz xyz" and "Attachment #x: page x of y". In answers to questions on the immigrant forms, I referred to the attachments by number and page number(s), for instance "See Attachment #3, pages 3 - 5". I included loose photographs in 5. I labeled the back of each one with "Principal applicant: xyz xyz", "Photograph x of y", and a short description of the photograph (people, date, place, occasion, etc.).

Basically, all of the materials were presented in the order stated on the checklists, each piece of paper is identifiable on its own, and each piece of paper could be placed back into the application easily if it ever got separated from the group.

KJS77

Sep 23, 2009
Thank you Guys for your help !! :)) We finished organized our application and sent it last saturday :) Juhuuu :)) soo excited :) !

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Hey KJS77,

First and foremost what I did was have 3 different "sections" for the application.

1. Sponsor's documents
2. Principal Applicants Documents
3. Relationship Supporting documents

I created a title page for each section, and also a content page for each section- for organization and an easy way for the IO to look for something. (Each section is paper clipped together, and then I have used a big clip to clip all three sections together before placing in envelope to mail to immigration)

What I did for any questions that required more information was create an appendix, that I attached to the back of the section pertaining to it. Example: Spouse questionaire # 9, I wrote "Please see Appendix A" . I then typed out "Appendix A" as a heading, added the IMM form #, question and answer and attached it to the back of the Principal Applicants documents. There were several Appendices for that particular section, so I had Appendix A, B, C etc... all at the back of the section.

Also- on a side note, when a question would ask for evidence, such as trips/dates visiting each other I wrote beside it "Please see evidence/itinerary in supporting documents section". So, if for instance your Appendix question also required evidence, just write beside any dates for trips etc... "Please see documentation/evidence in supporting documents".

It's super straight forward this way, and to be honest my application is very organized. I am a 4th year University student, so after doing many business proposals and 34 page papers- I have luckily learned a thing or two about organization!

If you want- I can go into detail and send you copies of the contents page for each section and where I put what- gives you an idea of how different people are doing it.

Good luck!
Hi diddagirl,

I would really appreciate it if you could go into detail on how you organized your documents.