Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 14-05-14 & PPR2 24-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-08-2014
Hi everyone,

Can someone please let me know whether the experience letter that we will get from the licensing authority needs to be approved from somewhere?

Thanks

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Authority letter is already official stuff
sasimaskari said:
Hi everyone,

Can someone please let me know whether the experience letter that we will get from the licensing authority needs to be approved from somewhere?

Thanks

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Hi all,

I passed my written test yesterday at Downsveiw drive test center in North York,Toronto,I had more than 10 years of driving experience from GCC country ,I gave them the authentication letter and the lady told me I can go for the G exam then she filled my application and after passing the written test they gave me a temporarily driving license,but for my surprise I found out that it is Class G1...!!....shouldnt be it like G2 since I am going to give a G road test..!!!

2-I heard that some drive test centers are strict that others,so which one is have a good reputation or success ratio ,I wonder if any knows specifically about Downview since its close to me,I even heard that the more you go out of town the easier the examiners there is that true.

3- I am looking for a very good instructors ,I am new to Toronto but not new to driving a car,so I need an instructor that gives tips and hints that other than the normal instructors for beginners.

Regards.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
sasimaskari said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
For UAE, no. They will check its validity online.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Yorker13 said:
Hi all,

I passed my written test yesterday at Downsveiw drive test center in North York,Toronto,I had more than 10 years of driving experience from GCC country ,I gave them the authentication letter and the lady told me I can go for the G exam then she filled my application and after passing the written test they gave me a temporarily driving license,but for my surprise I found out that it is Class G1...!!....shouldnt be it like G2 since I am going to give a G road test..!!!

2-I heard that some drive test centers are strict that others,so which one is have a good reputation or success ratio ,I wonder if any knows specifically about Downview since its close to me,I even heard that the more you go out of town the easier the examiners there is that true.

3- I am looking for a very good instructors ,I am new to Toronto but not new to driving a car,so I need an instructor that gives tips and hints that other than the normal instructors for beginners.

Regards.
I've heard the same about pt2. Haven't tried it although.

CECnovguy

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Hey Guys, Anyone here with a MCWG license from India got their G2 waiting period waived? I was told that some centres accept and qualify that as driving experience. I passed the G1 yesterday but have been asked to submit a letter from the road transport office stating experience for LMV. I want to know if i have an option here as i want to take the G2 road test soon and start driving.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hi Every Body,

I have passed my G1 test today in Mississauga and now want to go for G drive test as I do have the experience from the Gulf country. Please let me know which will be the best center for this test.

Thanks,

Bigboss

Jan 18, 2013
UAE-Alain
Category........
Visa Office......
MCH-London
NOC Code......
7241,MI3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2011
Doc's Request.
At the time of dicuments submittion
AOR Received.
11-4-2012
IELTS Request
Along With document request
File Transfer...
1-6-2012
Med's Request
20-8-2012 , expired , remedical 10/11/2013
Med's Done....
ECSE 4-10-2012. Remedical 14/11/2013
Interview........
Hope waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
3/12/2013
LANDED..........
August 2014 inshalah
Guys ...
Whats difference among G,G1,G2 test?

mariyasubtain

May 31, 2012
Dear All,

I need your help for obtaining the "'Letter of Authentication" from Sharjah UAE. I have my driving license from Sharjah. Dubai RTA is unable to issue this letter (i checked with them). I moved to dubai some 3 years back and want to know how to get this letter from Sharjah traffic\transport department ? Where is their office, processing time etc?

Mariya

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Bigboss said:
Guys ...
Whats difference among G,G1,G2 test?
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/classes.shtml

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hi,

Below is my experience and observations to get the driving licnese in Ontario:

I went to the Driving Ministry in Mississauga area to apply for driving license on third day I landed. The process was simple here I showed them my UAE driving license, Passport, Experience Certificate from RTA, and COPR ( I am not sure about this) I think. They accepted all the documents and then the staff carried my eye test after the payment of CAD 95. And then she said you can go for written Test (G1). I was not prepared for that so I said I shall come tomorrow. She said its fine you can come whenever you feel prepared.
I came back and practice the test from APNATORRONTO website. This website is covering more than 80% of the questions which normally come in the test. The only questions which are not there, are relating the different kinds of the driving licenses, like after how many black points the G2 License will be suspended, or what are the roads where you cannot drive with G2 License, or what will be the maximum alcohol level in your blood while driving or for how much time your license will be suspended if you get 9 black points etc. So you have to look for these answers on the web. Next day I went to the center again and sat there for test. There are two questions in the paper each carrying 20 MCQ's and you need to answer at least 16 questions correctly to pass the test. In my paper there were 4 questions which were related to the driving licenses (Mentioned above) out of those I knew one and had no idea about the other 3. I finished the test and handed over the paper to examiner and sat on my seat to wait. After 10 minutes she called my name and said you are passed. Three of your answers are incorrect and she mentioned those (Which I told earlier). She gave me the paper license and said you can go for directly G license try.
• The next task is to get the driving test date which was a difficult task as they were giving me the dates of July where as I shall be coming back on June 27Th. Then I keep on trying to check the dates on the website (Please note that you cannot login for road test booking more than 4 times in 24 hours as they will block you and say please try after 24 hours). One of my friend told me to book in Guelph driving school for the test which is little bit far from the city and not very populated. I keep on trying and luckily got a test date of 25th June which is today. It took a long time to get this date as I kept on trying. In case they bock you, you can call them on their number and try to book via phone. Then one of my friend introduced me to a Pakistani training instructor (Mr. Umar) who is really a nice guy and good instructor. Yesterday I took 2 hours classes with him and he guided me in a proper way. The driving is little bit different from UAE specially the left turns on the most of signals. Today morning the instructor picked me up from the home and we went to Guelph. He showed me the roads where the examiner would possibly take me for the test. Then we came to the center and enrolled for the test. The examiner came on exact time and took me for the test. Due to the pressure of the test I made some minor mistakes which he noted down. Total time period was around 30 minutes and he took me twice on the high way. He asked for emergency brake, parallel parking, 3 Point turn and things like that. After 30 minutes he asked me to go back to the driving center and once we reached there he said " You Are Passed"
Now I hold full G driving licnes.. Hurrrrahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Then he pointed out the mistakes and I told him these were mostly due to the test pressure..
Please note that in UAE parking is considered a big mistake but here its not unless you cannot park in many tries and gave up. Their most concentration is on the safety of you and the public around, specially the pedestrians. Any how my instructor was very good and he charged me a very reasonable amount as well. The total licenses including classes costs me only CAD 385 which is much lower than the UAE. If anyone need he can get is contact number from me..
I hope this will help some people to get license.

tejtej

Jun 19, 2014
Hey Guys! I will be travelling from India in August and I am planning to take along my International Driving Licence and also a DL Extract to apply directly for G licence in Toronto. However, the letter that the RTO is giving me is not on a letter head but contains their stamp and all the information. Will this work? Or does it have to be on a letterhead of the RTO? Please advice.

nvln

Mar 14, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Hopefully will be waived....!!
tejtej said:
Hey Guys! I will be travelling from India in August and I am planning to take along my International Driving Licence and also a DL Extract to apply directly for G licence in Toronto. However, the letter that the RTO is giving me is not on a letter head but contains their stamp and all the information. Will this work? Or does it have to be on a letterhead of the RTO? Please advice.
Hi Tejtej,

The Letter with the RTO's Original Seal and Stamp should suffice.

One more thing. Please arrange to get a "No-Claim" Certificate from your local Insurance Agency in India. The Certificate should include your complete Insurance History (from which date the Insurance commenced - say, May 2006 and till date).

When you produce this Certificate to any Insurance Company in Canada, they will give due weightage to your past Insurance record and to that extent, your Insurance Premium in Canada will come down.

Good Luck!

Regards.
NVLN.

mlam

May 28, 2014
Hi all,

If we are able to get the letter from our licensing office in our home country (Philippines) is it still advisable to get an international drivers permit?