+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to find employers who hire on TWP ?! I'm so not able to

tocanadawp

Nov 17, 2011
Hi there! I've been trying to find companies that employ TWP candidates and but not able to. I apply online via job sites, linkedin, make phone calls ... but no one considers. I have decent professional background - IT professional working in USA for over 10 years, and am US Green Card holder.

Please help.

What am I missing in my approach.
How to find companies that work with temporary foreign workers.
I want to know where & what I am missing.

Please post a comment, even if it's 'keep trying'.
Thank you, appreciate your time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think the best answer is in fact "keep trying" and hopefully you'll get lucky.

In order to hire you (a foreign worker), an employer must first apply for an LMO (labour market opinion) and that LMO must be approved. As part of this process, the employer must prove that they advertised the role and were unable to find a Canadian to hire for the position - and for this reason must hire a foreign worker.

Because the Canadian economy has taken a bit of a hit (although certainly not as much of a hit as other countries) - there are more Canadians out of work and looking for jobs. For this reason fewer LMOs are now being approved.

Many employers are unwilling or hesitant to file for LMOs for the following reasons: the paperwork involved, the waiting time involved and the fact that there's no guarantee the LMO will be approved. So the challenge you face is to find an employer who's willing to go through the LMO process. I definitely think it's going to be challenging given you're in IT. But that doesn't mean you can't try. Good luck.

tocanadawp

Nov 17, 2011
Thank you very much scylla. This is the first real and valuable feedback that I got in the past 4 months or so.

Is there any preference to what size of companies may consider Temp Foreign Workers? Should I keep trying with established ones with 100 or more employees. Or are the chances higher with small to mid size companies ?
Do the big and established companies consider TWP ?
Any insight into what kind of companies would be more workable, would greatly help.

THANK YOU....

scuudz

Sep 29, 2011
I think both kinds of companies would consider applying for an LMO for you for different reasons. Bigger companies would most likely be working on bigger, more complicated projects requiring people with a specific skill-set. It might be difficult for them to find people within Canada to fill the position thereby needing to employ a foreign worker.

On the other hand, a smaller company could probably be more personable and flexible. They might be willing to give you more of an ear and be ok with applying for an LMO eventually, even if they weren't considering doing so at the outset.

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Try applying at IBM..

Tensed

Jul 27, 2012
HI can you suggest me any employer or lawyer who can help me to do the LMO in Saskatchewan.
my num is 3062095956.