+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to enter Canada and claim asylum thereafter?

jeo_politic

Oct 9, 2016
Hi,

This is my first topic though and I hope my words won't disappoint anyone here. I wanted to enter to Canada with a student visa, I actually wanted to continue my undergraduate studies in Canada. I don't have a proof of fund to apply for a student visa, they require the amount of costs for one year to be present in a saving account at least for a period of 6 months prior to application. My plan was after entering Canada with a student visa I'll file for asylum. Unlike many boring people out there (asylum! asylum! asylum!). I'm not the one who's shouting "please let me in!" I have the facts, documents, necessary legal procedures to qualify me as a refugee. I face persecution in my home country again (with solid evidence) and based on (Religion, Membership in a social group and Political opinion) that resulted in not continuing my higher education. I'm a talented individual, but my talent should be announced to be dead as long as I stay in this country. As I'm writing this now, I'm facing all kinds of unbearable horrors that I need not to elaborate on right now. I have some questions for you:

1) Can I use a loan as a proof of fund to apply for a tourist visa? (Already no hope)

2) Should I apply for a tourist visa in the first place? (Already no hope)

3) Group of five: but how to find them and how to authenticate your case to them?

4) Private sponsorship: "we are full, see your way!"

Finally, I'm not willing to abuse the Canadian immigration system under any circumstance. I'm always following the legal procedures with advice from lawyers and authorized legal representatives. *I do understand that if the Canadian law won't allow me to be in Canada, I'll respect the law and I'll turn back to another place. I'm trying all the possible ways to be in Canada (legally) given the available facts of my situation and through following the legal procedures to prove that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) The money has to be in your account to be seen as proof of funds for a tourist visa. You can't show a loan itself as proof of funds.
2) If you want to enter Canada as a tourist - then yes, you have to obtain a tourist visa (TRV).
3) Typically you have to know someone in Canada. They don't authenticate your case - CIC authenticates your case.

If you want to enter Canada as a student instead, then you'll need to obtain a study permit. To be approved for a study permit you'll need to first be accepted into a school and program in Canada. Whatever program you pick must make sense in light of your previous education and work experience. When you apply, you'll need to show that you have sufficient funds to cover your first year tuition + $10K in living expenses (this means you'll probably need to show a bank balance of $25K+). You'll also want to provide evidence to show ties to your home country / country of residence.

jeo_politic

Oct 9, 2016
Is it necessary to show a 6 month saving account statement for a tourist visa or it's sufficient to show that I have the amount to fund my tourism? Do I need invitation letter from a Canadian to get the tourist visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jeo_politic said:
Is it necessary to show a 6 month saving account statement for a tourist visa or it's sufficient to show that I have the amount to fund my tourism? Do I need invitation letter from a Canadian to get the tourist visa?
- No, you don't have to show 6 month savings account. But it helps.
- No, you don't need an invitation letter.

You do however need to show strong ties to your home country.

jeo_politic

Oct 9, 2016
In your perspective, do you think 20k CAD is enough to convince them for 1-2 weeks tourism?

My family is in my country and I have also other study related documents (university affiliation).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
$20K is more than enough.

For ties, you'll want to show that you are actively enrolled in classes (e.g. provide proof that you have paid tuition for the next semester, provide a letter from your school that you are actively attending classes). If you can demonstrate property ownership or rental - that would be good too.

Family ties are only really helpful if you have a spouse or children that you are leaving behind when you travel. Other family members aren't viewed as real ties.

If you have proof of previous travel to other countries requiring visas (e.g. UK, UK) - that is good as well.

Good luck.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jeo_politic said:
I can show my college affiliation + my scholarship. Hopefully this will suffice.
I don't know what "college affiliation" is (i.e. I understand what those words mean but don't understand the evidence). Is that a document of some kind?

However to answer your question, you want to show that you are an active student. The best way to show that is through providing a letter from the school confirming your current enrollment and also showing proof you have paid your fees for the upcoming semester. In the event you're no longer an active student - then don't say that you are in your application. Lying / making false statements in a TRV (or any other application) is misrepresentation which will result in a refusal and typically a 5 year ban from Canada.

jeo_politic

Oct 9, 2016
There's no reason to lie. I'll only provide them with a letter from college which states that I'm an active student. I'll also provide them with a letter from my scholarship that they support my education financially to solidify the case.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jeo_politic said:
There's no reason to lie. I'll only provide them with a letter from college which states that I'm an active student. I'll also provide them with a letter from my scholarship that they support my education financially to solidify the case.
That's a good start.

What other evidence do you have to provide for the visitor visa? Do you have past travel to countries requiring visas? Any assets or property in your name? Any immediate family members in your home country (immediate family members = spouse or children)? Are you employed while in school?

jeo_politic

Oct 9, 2016
That's the worrying thing. I only have college to prove that. Other than this I can tell you nothing else to prove. Will my case pass or fail, let's see. I never travelled for a quite long time and my passport has no stamps at all.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jeo_politic said:
That's the worrying thing. I only have college to prove that. Other than this I can tell you nothing else to prove. Will my case pass or fail, let's see. I never travelled for a quite long time and my passport has no stamps at all.
There's not much you can do but apply and hope for the best. Good luck.

jeo_politic

Oct 9, 2016
Though, if there's no Canadian embassy in my home country, should I apply in person to the nearest Canadian embassy?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jeo_politic said:
Though, if there's no Canadian embassy in my home country, should I apply in person to the nearest Canadian embassy?
For what? For the visitor visa? If so, follow the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp