Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/06/2015
LANDED..........
August 7th, 2015! Through Port Huron!
Need advice on canceling my application and getting a refund if possible. What are the steps? Anyone have a link?

Wondering if we can get a full refund or since we are over half way though they wont return it.

Hubby can apply to move to USA if he really loves me that much. LOL. :p

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Ravcat said:
Hubby can apply to move to USA if he really loves me that much. LOL. :p
Yeah, haha!

Getting a full or a partial refund will depend on the stage your application is at the time you withdraw it. Have you received AOR or SA?

Ravcat

Sep 27, 2013
NW Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa ON
App. Filed.......
8-12-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
Sent w/ App.
Med's Done....
25-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/06/2015
LANDED..........
SA happened about 5-6 months ago. :-X No other movement on my application since then/no notifications.

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
I don't think you'll get a full refund in that case, but you should still get most of the fees back. Here's the email they sent us when we decided to withdraw our app:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Withdrawal of application - CPC Mississauga

Please note that you can only withdraw an application before the person you are sponsoring and his family members, if applicable, are given a permanent resident visa.

If you want to cancel your sponsorship application, you must send the request by email to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario.

You can also send a letter/fax. Please include the following information:

Your name,
Your date of birth,
Your address,
The date you sent your application,
Your client ID (if you have one),
The type of application (e.g. sponsorship of my spouse),
The reason for the withdrawal, and
A copy of the E-Payment receipt or a copy of both sides of the official Receipt (IMM 5401).
Please find below the contact information for the CPC (if you mail/fax your withdrawal request, you have to write Withdrawal of Application on the envelope/fax):

General Mailing address

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Courier Address

CPC Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

Fax: (905) 803-7392

The CPC will review your request and let you know if it has been accepted. Please note that if a final decision has been made, the withdrawal request will not be accepted and you will have to respect your sponsorship obligations.

If your withdrawal request is accepted, a refund should be issued within 16 weeks.

The amount of the refund will depend on the processing stage of your application:

If the processing of your application has not yet started, you will be refunded the total amount.
If the processing of your application has started, but we have not made a decision on your eligibility to sponsor, you will be refunded the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) and all processing fees, but not the $75 sponsorship fee.
If the processing of your application has started and we have already made a decision on your eligibility to sponsor, only the RPRF will be refunded.
Note:

If your file is overseas, you must also send your withdrawal request to the responsible visa office.
If the co-signer wishes to withdraw from the sponsorship, they must also send a copy of the Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) to CPC Mississauga with a written acknowledgement of the removal of the co-signer, which all signatories on the original Agreement (i.e., sponsor, co-signer and sponsored family member) must then initial.

Ravcat

Sep 27, 2013
NW Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa ON
App. Filed.......
8-12-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
Sent w/ App.
Med's Done....
25-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/06/2015
LANDED..........
Well poop, HE would have to cancel it since he is the sponsor...oh well I guess it will just go through, as he wont probably.

Thank you MissRep :)

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Ravcat said:
Well poop, HE would have to cancel it since he is the sponsor...oh well I guess it will just go through, as he wont probably.

Thank you MissRep :)
Yes, the withdrawal request has to come from the sponsor, 'cause you know, we don't count for anything. Good luck with it!

Sheps

Apr 29, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
Doc's Request.
UPFRONT
Nomination.....
(Wife)
AOR Received.
08-04-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-07-2015
Why do you not want to continue with the sponsorship application? If he is a Canadian Citizen he can come live with you and any time you spend with him will count towards time maintaining your Canadian PR status. That way if you want to move to Canada at some point, you can easily move without the need to go to sponsorship again.