+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply TRV for children from inside Canada ?

AmitKumarJ

Aug 29, 2020
Hi, I am a worker and staying my family here in Canada. I have renewed my work permit and I am planning to get TRV for me and my family.

I can't find a way to add my family to TRV application form online. It only gives option to "apply or extend for stay as visitor/worker etc" if I add a family member in my application.

I created a separate application for my wife. So far its good.

Now when I try to create a separate application for my child, it is only giving me option to "apply or extend for stay as visitor or Temporary Permit Holder".

How can I apply for my Child online? Appreciate your quick help!

AmitKumarJ

Aug 29, 2020
What's your problem? Would it be better if you read it as "apply or extend for stay as visitor or Temporary Permit Holder"?

I am looking for help to apply TRV for me and my dependents from Canada. When I try it online for me and my spouse, Visa Portal generates correct forms(5257 and 5707). However, it generates wrong form for my children, looks like a glitch in the portal. As far as I know, IMM 5257 and IMM 5707 forms should be the correct forms for dependents and main applicant.
I was wondering if someone has experienced the same problem and suggest me the solution
What's your problem? Would it be better if you read it as "apply or extend for stay as visitor or Temporary Permit Holder"?

Hi ,
When I try to apply TRV online, Visa Portal Wizard generates correct forms(5257 and 5707) for me and my spouse. However, it generates wrong forms for my children, looks like a glitch in the portal. As far as I know, IMM 5257 and IMM 5707 forms should be the correct forms for dependents and main applicant according to my scenerio.
I was wondering if someone has experienced the same problem and suggest me the solution.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am looking for help to apply TRV for me and my dependents from Canada. When I try it online for me and my spouse, Visa Portal generates correct forms(5257 and 5707). However, it generates wrong form for my children, looks like a glitch in the portal. As far as I know, IMM 5257 and IMM 5707 forms should be the correct forms for dependents and main applicant.
I was wondering if someone has experienced the same problem and suggest me the solution

Hi ,
When I try to apply TRV online, Visa Portal Wizard generates correct forms(5257 and 5707) for me and my spouse. However, it generates wrong forms for my children, looks like a glitch in the portal. As far as I know, IMM 5257 and IMM 5707 forms should be the correct forms for dependents and main applicant according to my scenerio.
I was wondering if someone has experienced the same problem and suggest me the solution.
You tried making a separate application for your wife. She will be the main applicant. Your children will be the dependants.

Reactions: Olivia Grant

AmitKumarJ

Aug 29, 2020
You tried making a separate application for your wife. She will be the main applicant. Your children will be the dependents.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply!

As suggested, I tried it separately to add my kids under my wife profile (Main applicant) ,nevertheless portal generates IMM5707 for my wife whereas it creates IMM5708 for my son. I believe the below question makes the forms difference but I don't see any correct option for my son

What does your family member want to do in Canada? (required)

-Apply to remain in Canada as a visitor
- Apply for or extend an open work permit
-Apply for or extend a study permit
-Apply for or extend both a work permit and a study permit

Fafasarmast

Jun 6, 2022
Hi Amit ,

I have the same problem for my child . Could you please share your experience if you were succeed to get the TRV for your child.

JohnnyM

Aug 16, 2020
Have the same issue. My kid has a visitor record and I can't apply for her TRV. IRCC states visitors can't apply from inside Canada for TRV. However, some say it is possible if it's paper application...

Farmiza

May 31, 2023
Hi, I am a worker and staying my family here in Canada. I have renewed my work permit and I am planning to get TRV for me and my family.

I can't find a way to add my family to TRV application form online. It only gives option to "apply or extend for stay as visitor/worker etc" if I add a family member in my application.

I created a separate application for my wife. So far its good.

Now when I try to create a separate application for my child, it is only giving me option to "apply or extend for stay as visitor or Temporary Permit Holder".

How can I apply for my Child online? Appreciate your quick help!

Dan321

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
This question is behalf of sister
I’m Canadian Citizen

my sister and brother in law applied for Canada visitor visa and approved.
My question is they didn’t add their two kids in first application. Can I just apply for kids and how much will be fee and what documentation should I attach?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This question is behalf of sister
I’m Canadian Citizen

my sister and brother in law applied for Canada visitor visa and approved.
My question is they didn’t add their two kids in first application. Can I just apply for kids and how much will be fee and what documentation should I attach?
They apply and pay all the fees that your sister and brother in law paid. They need to attach parents bank accounts/funds, tution fees/school registration to show return to home country, travel history etc. Parents visa may have been approved because showed ties to return as children were not accompanying.

Reactions: Dan321

halcurrent

Mar 18, 2019
Hi,
Thanks for your reply!

As suggested, I tried it separately to add my kids under my wife profile (Main applicant) ,nevertheless portal generates IMM5707 for my wife whereas it creates IMM5708 for my son. I believe the below question makes the forms difference but I don't see any correct option for my son

What does your family member want to do in Canada? (required)

-Apply to remain in Canada as a visitor
- Apply for or extend an open work permit
-Apply for or extend a study permit
-Apply for or extend both a work permit and a study permit
Hello, good day.
please did you succeed with this? kindly share your experience. I have exact challenge now, just the way you described it above. Thanks so much.