Passport Req..
25-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
11-07-2014
fair and honest said:
I am divorced
May I know what additional requirements they have recently asked you?

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
Hi everybody!
Is there someone who has recently applied under Caring for Children pathway? What is your timeline?

Roah

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Hello Everyone!

I need an advise.
I'm a caregiver under the old pathway
I sent both PR and OPen work applications last Sept 16 to Cpc Vegreville
I already got my AOR and another email that says ' I'm Eligible to apply for PR '
However tht letter also said that 'You can Now apply for Open Work Permit '

Now I am confused and worried, I had the OWP application in one envelope with the PR papers, why wpuld they state that in the letter?
Or is it just a STANDARD Immigration letter?
Pls enlighten me, if you guys experience the same
Should i be worried?

Thank you so much!

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Roah said:
Hello Everyone!

I need an advise.
I already got my AOR and another email that says ' I'm Eligible to apply for PR '

Now I am confused and worried, I had the OWP application in one envelope with the PR papers, why wpuld they state that in the letter?
Should i be worried?

Thank you so much!
let's wait for the answers of those who already applied. but it seems like a standard letter since the old caregiver program also allows you to apply for open work permit. I will also submit my application for permanent residence and open work permit next week. gudluck everyone

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
Roah said:
Hello Everyone!

I need an advise.

Should i be worried?

Thank you so much!
CIC often sends standard emails and that misleads people :) this one looks like standard.
Do you have a number of your OWP application so that you can track its status? And did you apply under old live-in caregiver program?

Roah

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
alexfaraon said:
CIC often sends standard emails and that misleads people :) this one looks like standard.
Do you have a number of your OWP application so that you can track its status? And did you apply under old live-in caregiver program?

Hello!
Yes I applied under old pathway,
I read online that I can apply for both owp/pr at the same time, so that's what I did.
I dont have any application number yet,
I followed up online and there's no link yet to my UCI number,
Meaning its not yet in process.
I hope its a standard letter,
I read online that the next email is supposed to let me know that my application is in process...
Im hoping everything's alright!
Thank you :)

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
Roah said:
Hello!
Yes I applied under old pathway,
Do you know that the processing time of the old pathway is more than 4 years and it's continue growing every month?

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
alexfaraon said:
Do you know that the processing time of the old pathway is more than 4 years and it's continue growing every month?
it's 51 months now, I just checked it yesterday. but I read in other post that other applications were approved in few months. anyway, I'm sending my application this weekend. good luck everyone.

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
Today already 13 months..... Who can help me and my family... Only GOD !
Dear officials, on your official website you have mentioned :
“Complete applications under the new pathways will be processed within 6 months. (How long will it take CIC to process applications under the Caring for Children or the Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways?).”
I sent my documents already 1 year ago, on 2 September, 2015. Only after 50 days, on 22 October, 2015, I have received confirmation letter !!!!! (usually letter from Toronto to CIC taking 2-3 days).
Already I am waiting for 11 months.
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation, why does it take more time to process the application, than time mentioned in official web site? And only after 8 month after all my complain, they send me letter about additional documents they need !!! It is additional 3 months!!!
I know also people, whose process has been lasting over 9 months. They are afraid to write about it in the forum because they are afraid to voice out there issues, since they may have to deal with immigration service payback. They continue to live in fear.
There are people in form, who state that their process was complete in 1 month. I think it is a way government advertises the program. But reality is that there are more people whose process lasted more than 8 months.
Dear officials, Why did you write false information on your official website ?

ps_2016

Jun 6, 2016
Hi guys
Does anybody received any news from cic after sending application under this program. Its been more then three months i applied and didn't receive any email after file number. If anybody recently applied please share your timeline.
Thanks

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
ps_2016 said:
Hi guys
Does anybody received any news from cic after sending application under this program. Its been more then three months i applied and didn't receive any email after file number. If anybody recently applied please share your timeline.
Thanks
Have you applied under NEW program Caring for children, or under OLD live-in caregiver program? What letters have you received?

ps_2016

Jun 6, 2016
alexfaraon said:
Have you applied under NEW program Caring for children, or under OLD live-in caregiver program? What letters have you received?
Hi
I applied under High medical needs class. I received eligibility letter on September 9. Nothing after that.

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
ps_2016 said:
Hi
I applied under High medical needs class. I received eligibility letter on September 9. Nothing after that.
The average time for this program is about 2 months. Do you have any dependents? Can you check your application status here? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app= If yes, what is the status?
What did they say in an eligibility letter except you are eligible? Something about background checks needed or nothing else?

ps_2016

Jun 6, 2016
alexfaraon said:
The average time for this program is about 2 months. Do you have any dependents? Can you check your application status here? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app= If yes, what is the status?
What did they say in an eligibility letter except you are eligible? Something about background checks needed or nothing else?
No i am single applicant and i just checked status it says in process. They didn't ask me for any additional documents but before sending me file number they asked for birth certificate. I know processing time is two months thats why i am worried.

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
ps_2016 said:
No i am single applicant and i just checked status it says in process. They didn't ask me for any additional documents but before sending me file number they asked for birth certificate. I know processing time is two months thats why i am worried.
Have you sent them birth certificate?

I think you don't have to worry. Your application is in process, just 2 months passed. It's the average time, but sometimes it's less, sometimes a little longer. You have 3 options:

1. Wait for another 2-4 weeks, maybe at the moment they are completing your application.
2. Call 1-888-242-2100
3. Or send an enquiry http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

For cases 2 and 3 you can tell them that your application time is more than it's indicated here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp and that you would like to ask if it's ok.

But if you're now in Canada and you don't have any dependents and you don't need to hurry I'd suggest to wait a little bit longer.