+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

Poodle8

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! Do you know any information regarding application made under LCP -- will it be process within 6 months too? - the same with the new pathways?

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Poodle8 said:
Hi! Do you know any information regarding application made under LCP -- will it be process within 6 months too? - the same with the new pathways?
I'm sorry but I don't know.

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Application for Permanent Residence - Caring for Children Class
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/caring-children.asp

Instruction Guide
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5797ETOC.asp

Application for Permanent Residence - Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/caring-medical.asp

Instruction Guide
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5798ETOC.asp

I recommend that people in LCP keep working for current employer and stay in LCP. If you apply for PR under LCP, you don't need proof of language proficiency, proof of foreign educational credential equivalency, or Medical exam. There is no information about OWP for new pathways.

Bokoks15

Dec 27, 2014
Hi, I applied with the new caregiver program which is the caring for people with high medical needs.
Noc 6471(home support worker)
App received: dec. 15,2014
Cc charged: dec 23,2014
Aor received:dec 24,2014
Ecas shows: application received
1. We have received your null on dec. 15, 2015
2. Medical results received (did upfront medical)

What does null means in ECas?
Anybody knows what's next or how long will I wait for the next update?

Bokoks15

Dec 27, 2014
My application for caring for people with high medical needs got approved in just one month!
App received: dec 15, 2014
In process: jan 7, 2015
Decision made: jan 15,2015
I received an email from the officer on jan 15, 2015 that my application for PR is approved and attached instructions for my dependents in the philippines to send their passport at manila embassy for visa stamping.

brit14344

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Bokoks15 said:
My application for caring for people with high medical needs got approved in just one month!
I received an email from the officer on jan 15, 2015 that my application for PR is approved and attached instructions for my dependents in the philippines to send their passport at manila embassy for visa stamping.
hi that was fast wow!!! are you a live in caregiver? so before you apply you already have the language test and education assessment? right??

Bokoks15

Dec 27, 2014
Yes I had police cert, upfront medical, education assessment, ielts etc before I applied. I worked as healthcare Aide for 2 years.

egay_11

Jan 5, 2013
Hi..greetings! .. I am live-in cargiver working for a person with disability right now under the noc 6474... But my job description and duties fall under noc 4412. Is there a chance for me to apply for PR under the new pathways, particularly in caring for people with high medical needs? I am aware that noc 6474 is not listed in that category. Can I make an appeal to prove that I worked the duties of a live in caregiver for person with disabilities so that I would qualify to apply for the second pathway? thank you very much... Your help will be much appreciated.....//

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
I just want to ask, what if in the event that you already submitted your application for live in caregiver (new pathway) and the immigration found out that you failed to meet the requirements, is the processing fee refundable? Thank you.

faywood

Apr 8, 2015
Poodle8 said:
hi any body can advice regarding my situation, i was in the caregiver program, and got pregnant after 1 year,in short i apply for humanitarian and compassionate in 2012 and refuse after a year, my question, can i still apply for pr throug humanitarian and compassionate for the second time without leaving canada since my son is in grade 2 and its hard for him to leave the country

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Bokoks15 said:

Is there anyone else who could share his/her timeline for the PR approval under the new caregiver PR stream with us on this platform

Bokoks15

Dec 27, 2014
The current processing time of the new program caring for people with high medical needs is 1-2 weeks. Its very fast as of this time maybe because there are few applicants. More or less 10 people that I know got apprroved in just a week. Good luck to those who are planning to apply and hope the processing time will be the same.