+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
batute87 said:
Hi funsho,

I just want to clarify re: March application. Did you have any deficits in the number of days of ur application the reason why it was refused? And were you released a close work permit eventhough your application was refused? Thanks!
Please read my previous post. my numbers of months was short as per CIC standard. You will recall that I submitted my 1st application the exact date I clocked 2 years in the program of which the tax remitted might not have reached CRA.

To answer your second question, since; I submitted an open work permit application with my PR application and at that time is still have a year left in the contract with my employer hence CIC issued a 26months closed permit expiring June 2017

However, I reapplied in September,2015, tidy up everything, repeat the same thing and got eligibility for PR plus 2 years open work permit expiring September 2017.

Hope this helps?

gogopermanent

Nov 3, 2015
Is there anybody who worked as an RPN in Canada and applied through this route?

Hello everyone,

I have been working as an Registered Practical Nurse(Licensed Practical Nurse, NOC 3233) at long term care settings for almost 2 years (full-time basis) with PGWP after graduating nursing diploma in Canada. Is there anybody who applied PR through this route as an RPN(LPN)?? I would very much appreciate for your timeline and the job description you had on job letters. Thanks much! ;)

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Re: Is there anybody who worked as an RPN in Canada and applied through this route?

gogopermanent said:
Hello everyone,

I have been working as an Registered Practical Nurse(Licensed Practical Nurse, NOC 3233) at long term care settings for almost 2 years (full-time basis) with PGWP after graduating nursing diploma in Canada. Is there anybody who applied PR through this route as an RPN(LPN)?? I would very much appreciate for your timeline and the job description you had on job letters. Thanks much! ;)
Please call CIC you should be able to apply under high medical needs class.

Itzshannyboo

Apr 16, 2015
Has anyone sent in application in October? Can you share your timeline? I sent my application in and haven't received anything as yet?

Baybay

Oct 27, 2015
Itzshannyboo said:
Has anyone sent in application in October? Can you share your timeline? I sent my application in and haven't received anything as yet?
Hi when in october did you apply? Under which pathway? Are you under licp?

Baybay

Oct 27, 2015
Hi i need help, cn anybobdy explain to me about the 2 self addressed envelope that i need to submit together with my application? Is it the white letter envelope or a paper size envelope? And should i just write my mailing address there or is it something that i can buy somewhere else? Thanks a lot.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Itzshannyboo said:
Nothing to worry about. The most important issue is that you get all your paper work done properly. I quite understand there could be anxiety but when you did your home work properly that is nothing to worry about.

You will soon hear from CIC. All the best.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Baybay said:
Hi i need help, cn anybobdy explain to me about the 2 self addressed envelope that i need to submit together with my application? Is it the white letter envelope or a paper size envelope? And should i just write my mailing address there or is it something that i can buy somewhere else? Thanks a lot.
What CIC want you to do is a 2 self address label. You could type your complete address on a white plain sheet and space it out so that CIC officers can cut through and stick it to the envelop they might be using for corresponding to you.

Hope this helps?

Baybay

Oct 27, 2015
Funsho Heritage said:
What CIC want you to do is a 2 self address label. You could type your complete address on a white plain sheet and space it out so that CIC officers can cut through and stick it to the envelop they might be using for corresponding to you.

Hope this helps?
Hi. Thanks a lot.

Purplebutterfly

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
VAC-New York
NOC Code......
NOC Code 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
Completely submitted on July 12, 2013
AOR Received.
July 15, 2013
IELTS Request
no IELTS required
File Transfer...
July 15, 2013
Med's Request
July 23, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
submitted along with other documents
VISA ISSUED...
September 12, 2013
LANDED..........
November 9, 2013
Hi all,

I am applying for PR under new pathway next year and Im starting to collect all the papers and info needed. What is this employer reference letter? Is it the contract or the letter? Sorry for the question buy Im confused because I change employer and I am hesitant to ask employment reference letter from my old employer.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Purplebutterfly said:
Hi all,

I am applying for PR under new pathway next year and Im starting to collect all the papers and info needed. What is this employer reference letter? Is it the contract or the letter? Sorry for the question buy Im confused because I change employer and I am hesitant to ask employment reference letter from my old employer.
It's a letter your current employer must write stating you are still working currently as a caregiver. Hope this helps?

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Purplebutterfly said:
Hi all,

What you need from your previous employer is CRA record of employment called ROE. Your previous employer must arrange for this.

Hope this help?

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Anybody else tried the new pathway? I'm a live in caregiver (care for kids) and I am going to apply for PR in February 2016. I'm a single applicant. I am tempted to apply under the new pathway as they promise that the process will take only up to 6 months (compare to intimidating 48 months under the old program!). And I read some replies about people getting PR in a month or two, wow! I gathered all the documents required for the old program and for the new pathway. Passed the language exam (CLB 8.0 ), proved my education through WES (Canadian equivalency Bachelor's degree 4 years) and have my medical that will have been only half a year old at the time I apply. But I am still not sure whether I should take the risk. So little has been posted! Can anyone please share their thoughts and experience? Thank you!

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
marjana.ukr said:
Anybody else tried the new pathway? I'm a live in caregiver (care for kids) and I am going to apply for PR in February 2016. I'm a single applicant. I am tempted to apply under the new pathway as they promise that the process will take only up to 6 months (compare to intimidating 48 months under the old program!). And I read some replies about people getting PR in a month or two, wow! I gathered all the documents required for the old program and for the new pathway. Passed the language exam (CLB 8.0 ), proved my education through WES (Canadian equivalency Bachelor's degree 4 years) and have my medical that will have been only half a year old at the time I apply. But I am still not sure whether I should take the risk. So little has been posted! Can anyone please share their thoughts and experience? Thank you!
That's great. Please read all previous posts and you will be well guided after reading through. All the best. Cheers