+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for New Canada Work Permit for H1B Holders in the USA

Anand249

Jul 6, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am currently in the United States on an H1B visa and I am interested in applying for the new Canada work permit for H1B holders. I have been researching online, but I haven't been able to find a reliable source with detailed information on how to apply. Therefore, I'm seeking guidance from the experienced members of this forum who might have knowledge or personal experience in this matter.
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide me with information on the following:
  1. Where can I find the official application forms and what supporting documents are typically required?
  2. What is the application process like? Are there any important timelines or deadlines that I should be aware of?
  3. Are there any specific considerations or procedures for H1B holders currently residing in the United States?
  4. Are there any additional tips or suggestions you can provide to help me successfully navigate the application process?
Please note that I have already visited the official Government of Canada website, but I am looking for more practical insights and experiences from individuals who have gone through a similar process.

Thank you in advance for your valuable input and assistance. I am eager to hear from anyone who can guide me in applying for the new Canada work permit as an H1B holder in the USA.

Best regards,
Anand.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am currently in the United States on an H1B visa and I am interested in applying for the new Canada work permit for H1B holders. I have been researching online, but I haven't been able to find a reliable source with detailed information on how to apply. Therefore, I'm seeking guidance from the experienced members of this forum who might have knowledge or personal experience in this matter.
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide me with information on the following:
  1. Where can I find the official application forms and what supporting documents are typically required?
  2. What is the application process like? Are there any important timelines or deadlines that I should be aware of?
  3. Are there any specific considerations or procedures for H1B holders currently residing in the United States?
  4. Are there any additional tips or suggestions you can provide to help me successfully navigate the application process?
Please note that I have already visited the official Government of Canada website, but I am looking for more practical insights and experiences from individuals who have gone through a similar process.

Thank you in advance for your valuable input and assistance. I am eager to hear from anyone who can guide me in applying for the new Canada work permit as an H1B holder in the USA.

Best regards,
Anand.
This announcement was made recently and no official instructions yet. You have to wait and then apply to see if you get approved. Good Luck

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

1. Where can I find the official application forms and what supporting documents are typically required? Canada.ca will have everything once they officially publish
  2. What is the application process like? Are there any important timelines or deadlines that I should be aware of? Similar to an Open Work Permit for Canada {You can find this on canada.ca} and I expect this to be on the same lines with some conditions as applicable
  3. Are there any specific considerations or procedures for H1B holders currently residing in the United States?Cannot comment till official announcement is made
  4. Are there any additional tips or suggestions you can provide to help me successfully navigate the application process?As with all work permits, you should be able to establish home ties [to country of citizenship, justify the purpose of visit, and demonstrate financial ability]

Best regards,
Anand.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hello everyone,

Best regards,
Anand.
Check around July 16, 2023. Meanwhile, anticipate docs based on Global Talent Stream. Good luck.