+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for an CSQ as an sponsored spouse?

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Hello guys!

Me and my husband are in the middle of starting filling out all the forms and documents for our Spousal sponsorship application.
However we have found ourselves stuck in the process of getting the Certificate of Acceptance from Quebec.

According to the Canadian website instructions for this process,
First we have to apply for the normal sponsorship process, but leave the undertaking Blank - since my husband and I are in Quebec, he is the citizen - and send it afterwards with the CSQ form UNTIL getting an answer from IRCC with a letter that approves him to sponsor me.

However, on one of the forms from the spousal sponsorship application, the Generic Aplication Form for Cana -to be more specific-
On the application details is asking if we already have the CSQ, and if not, when did we apply?

And is confusing for us so much cus, according to Quebec immigration web
1. We must first send our spousal sponsorship application
2. If IRCC approves my husband to sponsor me, then we can apply for Undertaking & CSQ
3. Apply for my residency

These are the steps using the instructions from both IRCC across Canada and steps from Quebec.

Do you see the contradiction?
How can I have a date for sending a CSQ form request when this is only possible if my husband is approved as a sponsor?
And how can we send the sponsorship application if they're asking for information about when was this CSQ form sent?

I'm really trying to read and understand better but we feel lost here...
I was told the Sponsorship, the application for residency and work perment is supposed to be sent in 1 envelope altogether, but how can we do that when the instructions say different things?

Please anyone who had the same situation or has knowledge about this we would very appreciate a little guidance here.

Thanks in advance!

WindyWeather

Nov 25, 2021
Hi kvonrosen, I'm in exactly your situation - the instructions from Quebec vs IRCC are contradictory and I can't find anything about it anywhere. There's a post from 2018 saying you can just send the General Application to IRCC and then wait for instructions to apply for the CSQ https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/will-my-sponsor-be-notified-to-get-his-csq.567448/#post-7034375

But there's no mention of the question you are referring to in the General Application Form (under Application Details, question 6) - that you should note down the date of your CSQ application, and in the Complete Guide it clearly states that you should apply for your CSQ before submitting your PR application to IRCC.

Did you end up getting any information about this?

Thank you.

Reactions: kvonrosen

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Hi kvonrosen, I'm in exactly your situation - the instructions from Quebec vs IRCC are contradictory and I can't find anything about it anywhere. There's a post from 2018 saying you can just send the General Application to IRCC and then wait for instructions to apply for the CSQ https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/will-my-sponsor-be-notified-to-get-his-csq.567448/#post-7034375

But there's no mention of the question you are referring to in the General Application Form (under Application Details, question 6) - that you should note down the date of your CSQ application, and in the Complete Guide it clearly states that you should apply for your CSQ before submitting your PR application to IRCC.

Did you end up getting any information about this?

Thank you.
Hi!

For sure,
Thankfully a friend directed us to a goverment facility where they help you with immigration process and they gave us a lot of clarity.
They are aware of the contradiction and recommended to first send to IRCC the spousal sponsorship with all forms and documents, I even applied at once for open work permit and they said once we get an answer for IRCC to continue the process and they will give instructions of what's next, only then we can apply for the Undertaking and the CSQ and that would be it.

What I do know is If everything is approved from the Quebec gov then automatically IRCC will sent the residency to process and work permit, but again, IRCC will give instructions.

We sent our spousal sponsorship and open work permit application on November 22nd, if you'd like I'll continue updating here everything that happens when we get an answer.

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Hello!

Today I just recieved IRCC has our documents in their possession, and basically said they will let us know when everything is accepted or starts processing. We sent the documents on Nov 22, 2021 and today Dec 4th, 2021 got this confirmation letter.

Will keep posting as we receive emails!