+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my sponsor be notified to get his CSQ

naomihutapea

Jun 2, 2018
dear friends

i applied my permanent resident under family class (outland) i live in indonesia.. i have linked my application with GCkey, today i got letter that notifying my application has been sent to Visa Office in Singapore, feeling happy but still wondered, why my husband ( who lives in Quebec) hasn't been asked to apply for QSC will they notify it later/ actually he once received a letter saying that he has met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor. does this letter mean he can apply for CSQ already, or do we have to wait till the imigration ask us to do so. thanks you soo much for replying.

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Your spousal sponsorship application has 2 parts.......1) Sponsor application to sponsor PA.........2) PA application for PR.

The letter saying that he has met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor.....means your husband (who lives in Quebec) has been approved to Sponsor (Part 1).

Refer.........Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ)

Refer........Sponsors living in Quebec
The province of Quebec has its own immigration rules. After your application is received, IRCC will send you an email or letter with instructions about how to apply to the Quebec government to become a sponsor.
  • If Quebec approves you as a sponsor, you’ll get a Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat de selection Québec).

Your sponsor could call IRCC for any clarification.....1-888-242-2100, from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm........best time to call 8:am Ottawa time.

naomihutapea

Jun 2, 2018
Your spousal sponsorship application has 2 parts.......1) Sponsor application to sponsor PA.........2) PA application for PR.

The letter saying that he has met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor.....means your husband (who lives in Quebec) has been approved to Sponsor (Part 1).

Refer.........Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ)

Refer........Sponsors living in Quebec
The province of Quebec has its own immigration rules. After your application is received, IRCC will send you an email or letter with instructions about how to apply to the Quebec government to become a sponsor.
  • If Quebec approves you as a sponsor, you’ll get a Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat de selection Québec).

Your sponsor could call IRCC for any clarification.....1-888-242-2100, from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm........best time to call 8:am Ottawa time.
ok...i see it now,,, so we don't have to do anything for now,,, and wait for IRCC to ask my husband to apply for his CSQ right, thank you sooo much

WindyWeather

Nov 25, 2021
Hi, sorry for reviving this thread so long after but I can't find any information about this. I hope it's ok that I reach out.

In the General Application Form For Canada (imm0008) that you submit to IRCC there's a specific question (under Application Details, question 6) - where they ask you to share your CSQ or write the date of when you submitted your application for a CSQ. This contradicts the instructions given by the Quebec government, which states that you need to wait for IRCC to clear your sponsorship application. Since you submit your IRCC sponsorship application as a package with the PA application (including the General Application Form where the CSQ is requested), it's a catch 22. It also says in the Complete Guide (from IRCC) that you should apply for CSQ before applying for PR with IRCC. How can you do this if you send it as a package, at the same time?

To fill out this form (imm0008) - what do you state for this question about the CSQ?

I will try to call IRCC but since this is a clear contradiction between the federal PR application process and the Quebec one, it would be good to clarify it so that people can find it here even when the IRCC phones are closed.

Thanks!