Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
i have booked for the IETLS exam on 10th of april ..

i want to know how is the easiest way to get as much score in this exam.. thanks

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Refer the Course Material that u will receive from British.

thats the best practice.

Meena

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Practice Test are best bet.
You will get a CD after you make reservation to take exam and that is really good

Kumar0919

Star Member
Feb 12, 2010
Look at the format carefully, pay close attention to the listening part, reading comprehension and writing parts are easy, but try to speak as fluently as possible. As far as I can remember, they ask you to speak on any given topic for a few minutes. The topics are quite simple, but the speech has to coherent, easily understandable, and without any major grammatical errors.

OrangeC

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->NewYork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
17-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2010
LANDED..........
01-11-2010
Writing: Remember to use pencils rather than pens. I used my pen and had to make some corrections and strike-outs. If I had used a pencil, I could have erased those instead of having to strike them out. Add to that the fact that my handwriting sucked! Practice writing neatly before you go to the test..

As a result, I scored low on my writing. My total score was 8.5, though. I really wanted to ace the test and I was kicking myself that I didn't plan ahead on the writing and let it take me by surprise.

Listening: The volume on the audio is more than adequate. Do not get distracted. If you don't listen for even a couple of seconds, you're not going to be able to answer a question. Focus and you can ace the listening.

Speaking: Practice speaking on random topics with a friend. If you're naturally a good speaker, this will be a cinch. Just pay attention to the umm's, like's, you know's etc.. if you're prone to them.

Reading: No biggie. Just double check your answers. I had a lot of time left over at the end of the section.

Good luck!!

Cheers,
A.

write2tg

Dec 7, 2009
The best method is to practice. You can use the British Council preparation book and CD. It is very useful.
You need to understand the format of the test - the questions are not very difficult if you have used English as the medium of communication from school onwards!
I scored an overall score of 8. Here are some of my tips!
Writing: Practice this before hand. After being used to typing on the computer for many years, I did find it difficult to write an eassy in paper and pencil format! I scored the lowest on my writing.

Listening: Check the headphones when they ask you to. Listen carefully. Practice using the CD. Keep your focus because if you miss anything, it wont be repeated or replayed.

Speaking: Practice again. Use topics and speak to yourself in the mirror. The important thing is to be coherent and clear in your speech. They give you 2 minutes to think about the topic and even prepare notes on a paper if you'd like.

Reading: Read the questions carefully and then read the passages. Your mind will be automatically oriented to look for the answers. In this section, it is important to recheck what you wrote/selected.

All the best!

SD

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi There

my input:

Reading - can be tricky because they want you to use your logic as well. Please practice alot! With material from British Council.

Writing : They give you 2 topics - one is supposed to take you longer time - my mistake was that i tried too hard on the first one they gave ( writing a letter to someone) and then the second question - i had 15 minutes left and i had to rush! ( essay type).

Listening : the others advice is accurate - dont lose attention on the recording even for a second - you will miss the point! practice with a CD from British council

Speaking: stick to the topic and use simple words, as long as you are fluent and answer / stick to the topic you will be fine. they have sections where first they ask you questions, then they ask you to speak about a topic for approx 2 minutes.

Remember - preparation is key to IELTS

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
There are a number of free tests on the web.
You can google those and get a solid idea of what is expected.
There is also a website I used for paid services:
http://www.ieltshelpnow.com/
Not very expensive in my opinion - with very good results.
Practice makes one perfect, I think.

sk.aggarwal

Star Member
Aug 26, 2009
US
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
October 26, 2009
Nomination.....
-
IELTS Request
October 26, 2009
File Transfer...
October 26, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 2, 2010
Med's Done....
March 1, 2010
Interview........
not done yet
Passport Req..
Feb 2, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 03, 2010
LANDED..........
Lets see
My 2 cents

Writing: Observe and implement the examples on youtube. Once you know the structure practice writing from past papers. There are lot of sites with recently asked IELTS questions.

Reading/Listening: Practice from the IELTS material available for download. Trick is to read the question before reading the passage or listening so that you can concentrate on what you need.

Speaking: I felt speaking topics are repeated very often. See some examples on youtube and than record your voice answering recently asked questions.

I prepared for like 3 weeks, 2 hours daily, got L/R/S/W 9.5/9/8/8.5

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
practice... practice... practice. no other alternatices

practice intelligently. follow the test pattern. not a whole lot of online materials... b u t those that are targetting the ielts.

i practised less. so my score was not very good. overall bandscore 7. well that was fine for me... though!

all the best.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
practice a lot before examination and maintain total concentration at the time of examination. My concentration sliped out of examination hall for 3-4 seconds and i missed 2 questions in Listening.

adam711

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
thanks all.. i really appreciate it...

but can somebody help me in the British Council Titles ?

I am using now Cambridge books (IELTS 7).. it contains 4 samples tests..