+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how prove my work experience as consultant job type

jenooo

Oct 5, 2019
hi

I am working in Canada as a consultant and my salary is hourly based( usually 4 to 6 hours a day), my employer, pay me the full amount of money without deducting any tax or pension plan, or EI, and at the end of year i should pay my taxes to CRA, now I want to how this experience will be calculated and how later I can claim it and prove it.
i live in BC and my job is in IT as network support.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you are self employed, then this doesn’t count as Canadian experience. Do you have a written contract with the employer that you work for them. Seeing that you have no payroll deductions then you may be considered as self employed.

jenooo

Oct 5, 2019
Thanks for your reply, I am not self-employed and working for a company, but they pay me hourly based on the tickets which are assigned to me and the total hours for a month would be around 100 to 140 hours and they told e I should pay my taxes myself
I have written a contract with them for the consultant role. in the contract, it is mentioned permanent with no due date but the payment is hourly based

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You need to calculate your hours and how many hours you work for the year.
  • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
  • equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement.
  • full-time work at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You may be viewed as self employed because of your taxes so it may be scrutinized.