+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How old can the funds be?

Ulri123

May 27, 2023
Hello greetings. My father just sold one of his lands and he will deposit the money in my newly created bank account. I will create this account in the first week of June.

When the funds are in can i use that account to apply for a student visa in that same month of June?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello greetings. My father just sold one of his lands and he will deposit the money in my newly created bank account. I will create this account in the first week of June.

When the funds are in can i use that account to apply for a student visa in that same month of June?
You must show bank statements over 4 months. So you cannot use a newly created account until you can show 4 months of statements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html#doc3

Ulri123

May 27, 2023
Okay thank you for your response. I applied for a vocational training program in Canada for September, it means i won't be able to apply for the visa then.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay thank you for your response. I applied for a vocational training program in Canada for September, it means i won't be able to apply for the visa then.
You can try and apply. If refused due to funds, it is because your funds were not at least 4 months old. What program and school?

Ulri123

May 27, 2023
Program: Artificial intelligence
School: Canadian institute of management and technology
It's a 16weeks vocational program

Ulri123

May 27, 2023
I am applying from Cameroon, an agent told me that i can still apply with a newly created account but am still skeptical about it

Ulri123

May 27, 2023
Okay but with this program do i have a chance of staying permanently in Canada? And is the 4 months account still compulsory?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay but with this program do i have a chance of staying permanently in Canada? And is the 4 months account still compulsory?
No chance. It is a private school, not a DLI, program is less than a year and you cannot work after completion. You cannot even work while studying.

Ulri123

May 27, 2023
Okay understood. So can i use a newly created account for bank statement or it must be at least 4 months old for TRV too?