12-12-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2013
Hey guys,
Do any of you know how much stuff we can bring to canada the first time we come as PR? I heard we could bring whatever we want but how does it work ? Airlines says we can only bring two luggages.
Thanks

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Hey guys,
Do any of you know how much stuff we can bring to canada the first time we come as PR? I heard we could bring whatever we want but how does it work ? Airlines says we can only bring two luggages.
Thanks
You can SHIP as much as you want, and you won't have to pay any customs taxes on it I think, but on a plane you can only take as much as the airline allows for you ticket class.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As said you are limited by the airline on how many bags you can bring usually based on class of travel, although it is possible generally to purchase excess baggage but that can be expensive.

Other than that people when emigrating if they want to bring all their household goods from their home country approach a professional moving company in their home country who will pack a shipping container and ship it to Canada complete with all the required customs documentation . Generally for an initial landing can be imported duty free assuming documentation is in order and any goods to follow process has been followed correctly.