+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much funds are required by parents for visitor visa for 2-3 months stay. Please help

arjun1

Mar 17, 2024
I am planning to apply for a visitor visa for my parents, inviting them to my convocations. My dad has a job and earns 16 lakhs per year, and my mom is a housewife.

They have funds of Rs. 2 lakh in each individual account. Will that be enough, or should i transfer all the funds to my dad's account from my mom's ?

Do I need to show assert from CA?

dazzler580

Mar 17, 2024
I am applying for visitor visa for my parents . They have strong ties to home country and will return back after short visit .They are retired and have liquid funds of around $3k . I am currently on work permit with steady job and have liquid funds of $27000. I will be taking care of all their expenses . Will it be fine if I mention 2-3 months of stay for them ? Please suggest.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am applying for visitor visa for my parents . They have strong ties to home country and will return back after short visit .They are retired and have liquid funds of around $3k . I am currently on work permit with steady job and have liquid funds of $27000. I will be taking care of all their expenses . Will it be fine if I mention 2-3 months of stay for them ? Please suggest.
They cannot even afford a week. Apply for a two-three week visit. Your funds can be included but IRCC doesn’t need to consider your funds.

dazzler580

Mar 17, 2024
They cannot even afford a week. Apply for a two-three week visit. Your funds can be included but IRCC doesn’t need to consider your funds.
Ok so I will just mention 2-3 week visit. In the 5257 form, do I need to mention only the $3k in the "funds available" box? Or I can add mine as well and put the total. I will be funding the airfare, accommodation and other costs for them?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok so I will just mention 2-3 week visit. In the 5257 form, do I need to mention only the $3k in the "funds available" box? Or I can add mine as well and put the total. I will be funding the airfare, accommodation and other costs for them?
You can say how much funds they have available. They will included your bank statements but they must show their own funds too. Again IRCC may only count your parents accounts.