+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long it take to get back passport after request from CHC Newdelhi INDIA

vnsk80

Oct 24, 2009
Hello Everyone,
Did anyone who has already submitted their passport to ND see an update on their ecas this week. Please update. My passport reached New Delhi on 24th Jan and no update on ecas as of today.

D

DD1for2

Hi vnks

My passport was delivered was to ND on Jan 27, no update yet. To let you know CHC started my case processing on Jan 12 & letter was released to me on Jan 13 requesting my passport & also to pay PR if not already paid & to submit PCC if not already submitted.

avishekchaudhury

Star Member
Feb 9, 2010
KOLKATA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2009
Doc's Request.
07-12-2009
AOR Received.
21-10-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application - Band 8
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
07-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-01-2010
Interview........
Waived.....
Passport Req..
07-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2010
LANDED..........
Landing On 16-04-2010
Hey All!!!

I got a request to submit my passport along with my wife's, pay our Landing fees as well. It reached the CHC, New Delhi on 15th of January. Any idea how long further I need to wait?

I have a travel visa to UK pending on the 18th of Feb, and would reaaaaaaaaaalllly be happy to get my passports back before then.

Regards

Avishek

vnsk80

Oct 24, 2009
Avishek, when did New Delhi start processing your application? In some cases they ask for passport soon after they start processing and in some cases PPR is the last step. If you were asked for passport soon after they started opened your file, then it might take a while to get your passport abck. ND updates ecas every monday. If your ecas still says "in progress" and stays the same even next monday, then I would doubt that you'd get your PP back by the 18th. Sorry, not trying to dishearten you, just giving you the facts. Also, by no means I'm an immigration expert, I could be totally worng here.

avishekchaudhury

Star Member
Feb 9, 2010
KOLKATA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2009
Doc's Request.
07-12-2009
AOR Received.
21-10-2009
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
07-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-01-2010
Interview........
Waived.....
Passport Req..
07-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2010
LANDED..........
Landing On 16-04-2010
vnsk80 said:
Avishek, when did New Delhi start processing your application? In some cases they ask for passport soon after they start processing and in some cases PPR is the last step. If you were asked for passport soon after they started opened your file, then it might take a while to get your passport abck. ND updates ecas every monday. If your ecas still says "in progress" and stays the same even next monday, then I would doubt that you'd get your PP back by the 18th. Sorry, not trying to dishearten you, just giving you the facts. Also, by no means I'm an immigration expert, I could be totally worng here.
Dear Vnsk80,

first of all thanks for your reply.

I checked the CIC website and found this from the website:

We received your application for permanent residence on August 4, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on October 21, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the New Delhi office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the New Delhi office on October 27, 2009. The New Delhi office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on December 3, 2009.

any idea how long it my take now? Also does the passport come back by normal or regular post?

|

ArunK7

Feb 10, 2010
Chennai-India
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Imran, Danish,

Did you guys get your passport back from the CHC ND.

I sent our passports (Mine & my Wife's) to Buffalo CHC on Jan 5th 2010, it was received at the CHC buffalo on 6th Jan 2010. The online status shows "in progress. I'm little worried it has been more than a month now. So was curious if you guys have received your passports. Good Luck guys.

vnsk80

Oct 24, 2009
Hi Avishek, there is no set timeline for returning the passport. What I've read here is CIC does a background check on applicants after requesting for their passports,, and it would usually take longer to get the PP with visa back if the applicant has travelled outside their country for a longer periods of time. Since it is almost a month since ND received your PP, I guess you'll get it back soon. BTW, just reading your previous post, CIC asked for your (sponsor's) PP along with your wife's? never heard that before.

avishekchaudhury

Star Member
Feb 9, 2010
KOLKATA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2009
Doc's Request.
07-12-2009
AOR Received.
21-10-2009
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
07-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-01-2010
Interview........
Waived.....
Passport Req..
07-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2010
LANDED..........
Landing On 16-04-2010
Hey Vnsk80

I actually applied for both of us together. Me as the sponsor and my wife as the dependant. I think that is why they asked for it together.

BTW when can I send New Delhi an email asking on the status of my application, after it has been too long and how would i know that it is taking more time than it should?

Regards

D

DD1for2

Hi avishekchaudhury,

Have you for independent PR Visa for yourself & your wife or are you trying to sponsor your wife to Canada after marriage? To let you know if you are trying to sponsor your wife to Canada after marriage it takes less time. If you have applied for Immigratiuon to Canada than it is a totally different stor.

And same goes for you ARUNK7.

vnsk80

Oct 24, 2009
Hi Avishek, You are in a totally different discussion forum. You should check out "Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration forum". Everyone following this thread is applying under the family class for their spouse. The person sponsoring is a PR or citizen and currently living in Canada. Timelines are different for FSW and FC applicants. So, the timelines you see here doesn't really apply to you. Please see the FSW forum.

ArunK7

Feb 10, 2010
Chennai-India
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I guess I'm in the right forum. I'm yet to immigrate to Canada, I have applied for a PR along with my wife, so I guess i'm in the right forum. It's been more than 6 weeks and the ecas shows "In process", i'm getting very nervous everyday. Hopefully i get my PPs back with VISAs. A quick question, when I was asked for Passports, I just sent the new passports of mine and my wife's to the CIC. Is that a problem? I didn't know that I should send the Old expired passports as well. please advice.

Thanks!
Arun K7

D

DD1for2

Hi Arunk7,

You are in a totally different discussion forum. You should check out "Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration forum". Everyone following this thread is applying under the family class for their spouses. The person sponsoring is a PR or citizen and currently living in Canada. Timelines are different for FSW and FC applicants. So, the timelines you see here doesn't really apply to you. Please see the FSW forum.