+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long it take to get back passport after request from CHC Newdelhi INDIA

ashuimran

Dec 31, 2009
hi scorpio2009

Congrats you work is almost done now just courier your passport thorugh BLUEDART bcoz they are the only one in india to carry passport i dont trust indian post service. And as per i knw you wont b getting any interview call coz if they want you for an interview they would have called you instead of your passport so just courier it and wait for atleast 2 to 4 weeks as i m doing knw waiting for my passport to come back with visa.

Enjoy your happy stay in INDIA and start packing your stuff

D

DD1for2

Hi,

I submitted my application on Nov 30, 2009 to CPC,Mississauga. I received the letter of approval from CPC on Dec. 31, 2009 stating file has been transfered to New delhi for further processing. New Delhi started processing my wife's application on Jan 12, 2010 as per ECAS.My wofe received a letter on Jan 24, 2010 from CHC New Delhi dated Jan 13, 2010 to submit her passport. They also mentioned in the letter about PR fee & PCC is not already submitted. What should i take it as CHC requesting my wife's passport so fast?

neergiti

Jan 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

You seem to be the same situation as myself and my wife. My wife is sponsoring me and we had submitted our application on Nov 20th in mississauga. On january 24th ECAS was them updated to decision made on december 15th and papers sent to ND CHC. On January 10th we recieved a letter dated January 6th for the Passport request which had also asked for the PR fee if not already paid and PCC if not already submitted. And another thing ND CHC has started processing our file on January 5th as per ECAS still shows. Now we are in que of waiting as to what the decision will be. I had asked the same question u have, as to what we should think. I was told by some ppl on this forum that sometimes CHC aks for passport earlier in the process to do background checks. Or if the applicant has been out of India for long periods of times.

I really can't help you with your situation but all i can say is that you should send the passport as soon as possible and wait.

Best of luck.
Neer

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DD1for2 said:
Hi,

I submitted my application on Nov 30, 2009 to CPC,Mississauga. I received the letter of approval from CPC on Dec. 31, 2009 stating file has been transfered to New delhi for further processing. New Delhi started processing my wife's application on Jan 12, 2010 as per ECAS.My wofe received a letter on Jan 24, 2010 from CHC New Delhi dated Jan 13, 2010 to submit her passport. They also mentioned in the letter about PR fee & PCC is not already submitted. What should i take it as CHC requesting my wife's passport so fast?
You should count yourself as lucky that they have asked for her PP so soon and send that and any requested documents ASAP.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neergiti said:
Hello,

You seem to be the same situation as myself and my wife. My wife is sponsoring me and we had submitted our application on Nov 20th in mississauga. On january 24th ECAS was them updated to decision made on december 15th and papers sent to ND CHC. On January 10th we recieved a letter dated January 6th for the Passport request which had also asked for the PR fee if not already paid and PCC if not already submitted. And another thing ND CHC has started processing our file on January 5th as per ECAS still shows. Now we are in que of waiting as to what the decision will be. I had asked the same question u have, as to what we should think. I was told by some ppl on this forum that sometimes CHC aks for passport earlier in the process to do background checks. Or if the applicant has been out of India for long periods of times.

I really can't help you with your situation but all i can say is that you should send the passport as soon as possible and wait.

Best of luck.
Neer
That is the case with some visa offices, like Manila, but not for New Delhi. They will ask for the PP as the last step before issuing the visa. But you are right that they will still do additional background checks at this time. Typically it will take 2-3 weeks for the PP to be returned with the visa, but if you have lived outside of India then this step can take longer. Good luck.

D

DD1for2

Hi All

To let you people know i have already submitted PCC & paid my processing & ladning fees before sending my application to CPC,Mississauga. The letter I received from CHC New Delhi says :If I not already paid or If not already submitted". My wife sent her passport today via Speed Post along with the copy of letter received & we still sent them the photocopies of fee receipt & PCC. I have included an additional cover letter to let the know we have already paid the fees for RPRF & submitted the original of PCC along with the application package sent to CPC-Mississauga.So it was only passport that we sent today along with her old expired passport. I am not sure if it is good sign for me or not? I am not what would happen next? As per people on the other forums i read indicates issuance of visa, but I am really surprised with this PPR so fast. My wife has never travelled abroad & we have mentioned that in "Additional Travel Inforamtion Form". She does has 2 old expired passport as there was a minor corrction done in her mother's name. There was a clericla mistake in her mother's name in first passport, so we got it corrected based on her 10th Pass certificate. In the second passport we got her last name changed & my name was added as her spouse so we got a complete new booklet from Passport office. Mdeical was already done sent to CPC-Mississauga along with application package.

Application sent to Mississauga: Nov 30, 2009
Application accepted: Dec 02, 2009
Sponsor Approved: Dec 31, 2009
CHC New Delhi started working: Jan 12, 2010
Request for Passport: Jan 13, 2010 (We received PPR on Jan 23, 2010)
Passport Sent: Jan 25, 2010

vnsk80

Oct 24, 2009
DD1for2, receiving PPR soon after New Delhi starts processing is absolutely normal and you have nothing to worry. I have seen at least 5 other cases who were sent PPRs the same day New Delhi started processing their files. This does not mean your processing is complete and passport was requested for visa stamping. But, when they determine you have met all the requirements they'll stamp your visa. It maybe, maybe not for your wife's background check, who knows right?

ashuimran

Dec 31, 2009
Hi Scorpio2009

Congrats well you wont be getting any interview call all you have to do is to courier your passport and wait for atleast 4 to 6 weeks and you will get back your passport along with visa on it.

Regards
Imran

ashuimran

Dec 31, 2009
Hi friends

Has anyone got the passport back along with the visa coz mine has been almost 4 weeks and i havent got the passport back and on website it still shows in progress. Is every thing ok? I have submitted my PP on 29th of Dec 2009.

Can any help me with thsi part plz how long is it going to take more.

scorpio2009

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I have submitted my passport on 13th Jan-2010.
I am in the same boat of wating :-\ to get PP back with visa!

Also my PPC has expired on 15th Jan-10(issued on 15-july-2009).
But ND haven't asked me to send updated PCC while requesting my passport and returing my originals documents/pictures(PPR latter dated:05th Jan-2010,CHC,ND has received my passport on 13thJan2010)

ashuimran

Dec 31, 2009
Hi Scorpio2009

Well yesterday my online status has been changed to decision made. I think everything is done and i should get mey PP back in few days.

scorpio2009

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow..Congrats Imran.
Gr8 news for you after waiting of 26 days .finally you have relief.

Mine submitted on 13th so i should expect that descion would be made by 02th/8th -Feb(26days).

Congrats once again"""" packup now your things and book ticket.

cmp211@hotmail.com
keep in touch

D

DD1for2

Hi Scorpio2009 & Imran,

Where you guys from in India?

My email is mohammed.danish@yahoo.com

ashuimran

Dec 31, 2009
Hi Scorpion and DD1for2

I m from mumbai. Where r u guys from? And where r u planing to locate in canada. Scorpion just keepyour finger crossed i pray you get your decision made soon. But still i have not got my passport back i dnt kow how long its going to take. And unless i get it i wont b able to book ticket.

My mail ID is ashuimran2512@gmail.com

Keep in touch

D

DD1for2

Hi Imran,

I am already in Markham ON Canada, my wife will be coming from India.