+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take for New Delhi to begin processing an application after PPr

kiwinijjar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 17th 2012
AOR Received.
March 9th 2012
File Transfer...
March 28th 2012
Med's Done....
December 2011
Passport Req..
April 19th 2012 (1.5 years travel history) In process as of June 16th. Dm on June 28th :)
my hubby has submitted his passport to NewDelhi on april 23. How long will it take for the visa officer to open the file? a month?

jun479

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 21,2012
File Transfer...
Aug 21,2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Sep 1, 2012; we requested for 2nd ppr - still waiting. Went in process on ecas on sep 26, 2012
ya it will take about a month to process completely and issue visa.
is ur husband currently residing in india ????????????

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
I received an Passport request on 17th April. But I m not in a situation to submit it now as I live an work in the UAE.

Can someone help me, please.

dinmab

Star Member
Jun 17, 2009
well is it a passport request or is it saying something like "In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the
following as soon as possible"

"Please note that a request for your passport(s) at this time is not a guarantee of visa
issuance. Passports are requested so that we can hold them on your file and issue your
visas as soon as possible after all requirements have been met."

Usually if there is no deadline set then i think you dont HAVE to send it immediately. But you should be ready to send it soon and this will obviously delay the process by a little as they will ask for the passport again when they are ready.

kiwinijjar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 17th 2012
AOR Received.
March 9th 2012
File Transfer...
March 28th 2012
Med's Done....
December 2011
Passport Req..
April 19th 2012 (1.5 years travel history) In process as of June 16th. Dm on June 28th :)
dinmab said:
"In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the
following as soon as possible"

"Please note that a request for your passport(s) at this time is not a guarantee of visa
issuance. Passports are requested so that we can hold them on your file and issue your
visas as soon as possible after all requirements have been met."
Yes this is what it exactly said

kiwinijjar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 17th 2012
AOR Received.
March 9th 2012
File Transfer...
March 28th 2012
Med's Done....
December 2011
Passport Req..
jun479 said:
ya it will take about a month to process completely and issue visa.
is ur husband currently residing in india ????????????

Yes he is in India.

jun479

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 21,2012
File Transfer...
Aug 21,2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Sep 1, 2012; we requested for 2nd ppr - still waiting. Went in process on ecas on sep 26, 2012
Usually if there is no deadline set then i think you dont HAVE to send it immediately. But you should be ready to send it soon and this will obviously delay the process by a little as they will ask for the passport again when they are ready.

hi dinmab,

if ND VO ask for first time PP,Could you request them that once their requirement is met then we could persnally visit ND to submit PP.
in my case my husband is working in Saudi arabia.

ND will be aware of your situation, so what they will suggest us to do ?????? because we dont want to waste time in staying india and waiting for Visa, we already mention in the form about our current mailling address.

MUMPY

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
FARIDKOT
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
ALONG WITH FILE SUBMISSION
Interview........
WAVED I GUESS
Passport Req..
23-FEB-2012
VISA ISSUED...
NO IDEA
LANDED..........
VERY NEXT DAY ONCE I GET MY VISA BAGS PACKED
hi every one i submitted my passport on feb 26 and am still waiting for my visa .does anubody know how long do they take to issue the visa .my wife inquired through mla in canada and i was told that they r doing backround check .i lived in cnada for 5 years as a student returned to india as my visa expired on nov 2011.does anybody in this thread knows whats going on with my case and how long will it take to get visa.
thanks
manpreet :eek: :-\

AmritSheetal

Sep 30, 2012
fadil80 said:
I received an Passport request on 17th April. But I m not in a situation to submit it now as I live an work in the UAE.

Can someone help me, please.
Hey Fadil..
my wife just received a letter today from High Comission of Canada New Delhi asking for her passport along with a reminder for police clearance and fee payment (which we have already payed). She too is working in Dubai and is unable to send her passport at this point.

My question to you is - is there a minimum time to send the passport to New Delhi? or is there a way to send it to them towards the final stages when they are ready to grant the visa?

What did you do in this situation?

Your response is highly appreciated!

summersnowdrops22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Hi...ask ko lang po... About our case,i sponsored my husband,we submitted last april25,2012, decision made July25,2012. And stated there that our papers was forwarded to Canadian Visa office Phils. Ask ko lang po ano next step.until now hindi p kami nkaka reciv ng update whats happening there.any info related to our situation? Thanks...

Peppy

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi,
As mentioned earlier, I'm applying PR on spouse visa. So given all the documents to the lawyer on the 29th of Jan 2018..on the cic website : received application on the 30th of Jan 2018..I got medical request on the 23rd of March 2018 and medical done on the 29th of March2018..medical results received on the 31st of march and Husband got a mail saying he is approved as a sponsor on the 4th of April 2018. On the 11th of April got a mail saying that my file has been transferred to the Delhi office for final processing. On the cic website now showing, my file started processing on the 12th of April 2018..what does this mean ?
So now whats the next procedure..how long for the Delhi office to process ? How long to get the passport request mail ?

Thanks !