PER received on 11/05/2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
RBVO- 11/06/2011, AOR received 24/08/2011 ltr dtd 17/08/2011
Med's Request
Nov 17th 2011- asked for an extension till April 30th 2012
Med's Done....
April 14th 2012, reached NDVO on April 18th 2012. Med's line appeared on 27th April 2012
Passport Req..
Nov 17th 2011, PP's, PCC, RPRF reached NDVO on 24th April 2012. Received FBI on April 28th 2012. Reached NDVO on April 30th 2012. Applied for FBI on 3rd March 2012.
Hi,

We have applied under FSW in April 2011 from India after which my husband got a job offer in US based cruise liner. He took up the job and is currently working in USA to meet our financial obligations. His contract is for 1.6yr's and can not return back to India unless on Medical Emergency. We received our PER and awaiting second AOR from VO. Once I receive the second AOR from VO, I am sure they will ask us to submit our Medicals and Passports. In such case, as my husband is not here:
1. Can he get his medicals done in USA and send the results to me so that I can send his medicals along with mine and my daughters medicals.
2. If the medicals are cleared and when the Vo requests for Passport, can my husband send his passport directly to the VO for stamping from US or can he send his passport to me through his friend so that I can submit all our passports together.
3. If the answer for the above two questions is no, for how long can we request the VO to hold our file till my husband returns back. Please let me know the procedure to request VO to hold our file.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Nurhia said:
Hi,

We have applied under FSW in April 2011 from India after which my husband got a job offer in US based cruise liner. He took up the job and is currently working in USA to meet our financial obligations. His contract is for 1.6yr's and can not return back to India unless on Medical Emergency. We received our PER and awaiting second AOR from VO. Once I receive the second AOR from VO, I am sure they will ask us to submit our Medicals and Passports. In such case, as my husband is not here:
1. Can he get his medicals done in USA and send the results to me so that I can send his medicals along with mine and my daughters medicals.
2. If the medicals are cleared and when the Vo requests for Passport, can my husband send his passport directly to the VO for stamping from US or can he send his passport to me through his friend so that I can submit all our passports together.
3. If the answer for the above two questions is no, for how long can we request the VO to hold our file till my husband returns back. Please let me know the procedure to request VO to hold our file.
1. I *think*, although you will need to confirm this, that each applicant on the application can do their medicals independently (they each get seperate Schedule A forms). So as long as it is an authorised DMP your husband can get medicals done in USA and you can get medicals done in India.
2. and 3. - You will need to check, in some circumstances it is illegal to mail a passport to a standard address

However, the biggest problem I can see is that you must complete your record of landing within 1 year of completing your medicals. The principal applicant MUST land first (although other members can accompany, or land separately after). Who is the principal applicant, you or your husband? I guess in this situation whoever is the principal applicant should go to Canada to land first, then the other one separately afterwards if your husband has not returned from the USA by then.

For your husband to complete his record of landing he can enter Canada from the USA by land.

Whatever happens I do not think visa office will hold your file. You have to submit documents within their timeframes (usually 45, 60 or 90 days as they specify) and you have to complete your record of landing within 1 year of completing your medicals.

Wayne.

dreamcanada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
in my suggestion if u get medicals request ur husband can do medicals from usa but it has to be done by authorised medical practitioner by chc canada chc. the list of them is here. ia m sure he is travelling to soem places other than that of usa , so he has to check which place he can go for medicals . the link for authorised doctors id below as
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

also if he is working on ship and he gets passport request , he has to come back to send passport as in ship they wont allow him to send his passport back home and work on ship. as while on ship every crew member has to keep his passports with ship officials designated for this.if i am not wrong the contract cant eb more than 10 months maximum 12 months .. so he will be back , but for passport request he has to come back home on emergency to submit his passport

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Nurhia,

I am in a similar situation (long distance marriage) I am using a consultant and I had the same questions you are having when I applied. Here are his answers.

1) Yes you can do medicals in india and he can do them in the US his practitioner will be in charge of mailing them accordingly.
2) Yes he can send the passport, Wayne is right that it might depend from country to country if they can be sent to a personal address.
3) If you get your visa and dont land before the medicals expire you will have to take the medicals exam again and get a new visa stamped. You do not have to go through the whole application process again. However, keep in mind that you do have to live at least 2 (seniors correct me if its 3) years out of the next 5 (after visa is issued) in order to mantain residency.

Rod

Nurhia said:
Hi,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

thebeast184 said:
Nurhia,

I am in a similar situation (long distance marriage) I am using a consultant and I had the same questions you are having when I applied. Here are his answers.

1) Yes you can do medicals in india and he can do them in the US his practitioner will be in charge of mailing them accordingly.
2) Yes he can send the passport, Wayne is right that it might depend from country to country if they can be sent to a personal address.
3) If you get your visa and dont land before the medicals expire you will have to take the medicals exam again and get a new visa stamped. You do not have to go through the whole application process again. However, keep in mind that you do have to live at least 2 (seniors correct me if its 3) years out of the next 5 (after visa is issued) in order to mantain residency.

Rod
If he gets his visa and the family don't "land" then the application is over. He would have to reapply from the beginning if they qualify.