+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does this sound? (request for 2nd extension)

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just posting this to this forum too. So sorry if you have already come across it on the other forum.

This is my second request. Hopefully if this gets approved then the only thing left will be to submit the PR application. I was dumb when I submitted my first extension and didn't know it would take 3 months to process them so I asked from 6 months from the day I mailed it instead of day I would be expecting to receive it....oh well. Lol.

There are a few things we won't be able to get for the application until sometime in the early next year. Unfortunately my current extension runs out Janaury 31, 2010 and we won't be ready by then so here is what I put for my reason for the extension. Please give me advice or insight if you have any.

"To finish the completion of mine and my partner's application for permanent residence. Would like to maintain legal status as a visitor before the finalization of the application so as to not cause further delay in the processing when it is submitted. For more information see attached papers. Labeled: Request for Extension"

With the application I will also include:

- Copy of receipt for payment of PR application

- Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union

- Copy of letters from friends and family that we are including with PR app to show relationship is true

- Letter from his parents saying they will provide their home to us (signed)

- Letter from my partner saying how he will provide support for me and his intentions and plans for sponsoring me (signed)

- Copy of partner's recent pay stubs

- Printout of partner's bank statement

Is there anything else I am missing?

hbwpg

Nov 29, 2009
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-10
AOR Received.
30-11-10
File Transfer...
12-11-2010
Med's Done....
07-05-10
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-06-11
I think that's all you can do.

The proof of payment is a big one - I think that should help immensely.

All you can do is apply for extension and hope for the best! It sounds good to me.

How long have the two of you lived together?