Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
maple said:
Leon said:
If you stay outside too long when it is very cold without the proper clothes, you can get frostbite. A few years ago, it was in the news in Edmonton that a young woman who came home after a night out had found herself locked out. She did not want to wake the neigbours so she waited outside for 45 minutes for somebody else to come home. She lost all her fingers. Maybe if she would have stuck her hands in her armpits, she could have avoided this but she was probably drunk and didn´t realize it.
Even last winter there was a homeless man found frozen to death in the park as it was a really cold night , the statistics also say there there are a number of homeless people die each year especially in the Great Toronto Area when winter comes. The strange thing is that these homeless people refuse to go to the shelter to stay warm and prefer to stay out there in the street, sometimes they go to the shelter just to get food and drink then they return to the street to sleep, I dd not understand why!!
probably bcuz they r drunk...!

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
Tonsils Hockey said:
sonea said:
Tonsils Hockey said:
sonea said:
and ive also heard about dogs freezing out there and then die....!
You mean the REAL dogs?
ofcourse real dogs...
Like how real? Have you seen them yourself? Would be helpful if you could sketch a few out for us if you dont mind.

no i didnt see them by myself but my husband used to live in usa for quite some time he tells me that he read this in news papers...

cathy2381

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Well if you worry about the coldness then you better settle in BC. However, in BC too much rain can really make you so stressful and could lead to mental illness.

If you are really scared of freezing then avoid the north part of canada, you must also avoid winnipeg as canadian calls this "winterpeg, manitoba". Now, if you want some breaks from coldness in the middle of winter season then Calgary is the place to be...the only city in Canada that has chinook.

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
sonea said:
Tonsils Hockey said:
sonea said:
Tonsils Hockey said:
sonea said:
You mean the REAL dogs?
ofcourse real dogs...
Like how real? Have you seen them yourself? Would be helpful if you could sketch a few out for us if you dont mind.

no i didnt see them by myself but my husband used to live in usa for quite some time he tells me that he read this in news papers...
But I thought USA was a different country altogether than Canada!

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
Tonsils Hockey said:
sonea said:
Tonsils Hockey said:
sonea said:
Tonsils Hockey said:
sonea said:
You mean the REAL dogs?
ofcourse real dogs...

But I thought USA was a different country altogether than Canada!
news papers cover the whole world ....!

cyberjunky

Aug 6, 2009
It is not as bad as many mentioned above.
We arrived on Christmast day in the middle of the winter.
We are from South Africa. When we left South Africa it was 36 degrees plus and when we arrived it was 36 degrees below.
It is cold, something to get used to but it is fine.
You layer your clothes and dont have to have all the thick jackets as mentioned.
You get jackets with down feather and it is more than enough with layer of clotes underneath, mittens scarfes etc.
All the homes and malls have central heating.
There are allot of fun things to do in the winter, like skiing, tobogganing (going downhill with a sleigh) ice scating etc.
As mentioned the West Edmonton mall, where there are allot to do.
Last winter it went to 44 degrees below.
You can still go outside in the snow but I would not reccomend staying outside when it is below 40 degrees.
Most vehles you can remote start from inside your home and then when you get in, it is already warmed up.
We have been here for almost a year now on wp (pr pending review at Pretoria after waiting for response over two months and eventually got the recommendation for further review) and we really love it here.