+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can i do licensing for ??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you .
Are you from psychology background and living in canada ?
No but a good friend is. For almost all provinces you need a PhD to be licensed. Only one or two provinces accept Masters so you would only be able to practice in that province. Assume you are getting ITA through Express Entry. Again go through each provincial licensing authority and see what province you are eligible for, if any.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

ariaazinak

Aug 8, 2023
No but a good friend is. For almost all provinces you need a PhD to be licensed. Only one or two provinces accept Masters so you would only be able to practice in that province. Assume you are getting ITA through Express Entry. Again go through each provincial licensing authority and see what province you are eligible for, if any.
How to know which province is accepting Masters and allow to practice.. ? Other provinces who dont allow less then phd ...do they give other psychology related jobs?
I am in the initial stage of my application
Also i wanted to know which eca is better for considering MA as masters equivalent for canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah. But till the time i get phd. Can one get a job in psychology field ?
Not as a psychologist so need to research jobs in the field (and mental health) that may be available. Chances are low as you are competing with Canadians who may have a Canadian experience and education. Employers usually take preference to people with Canadian experience. So you may not get a job in the field at all.

Research each provincial licensing body and find out what province accepts only masters.

ariaazinak

Aug 8, 2023
I reasearched. I think saskaetchwan and alberta accepts masters.
also can you suggest me which one is better for eca ? I mean wes or iqas ? So that i can get my masters equivalent as masters and not bachelors

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I reasearched. I think saskaetchwan and alberta accepts masters.
also can you suggest me which one is better for eca ? I mean wes or iqas ? So that i can get my masters equivalent as masters and not bachelors
Usually WES but depends on your school. No one can tell you what equivalency you will get.