+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

PGWPARK

Nov 8, 2016
As I recall, the passport shall just be a photocopy (if nothing changes). They will provide you instruction to submit.
HK is a visa exempt country; however, you still require ETA to enter Canada if you are still waiting for the PR status.
The ETA can be applied online and it is valid for 5 years if approved (in experience, all my relatives visit me does not have problem to get the ETA). It is highly recommended that you print out the confirmation of the ETA (with numbers) if you need to travel by air. The Custom should be able to track your record when you arrive anyway.

Thank you So much MIcheal for your very detailed answers! I really appreciate!!

esun

Mar 23, 2017
We applied in end of Jan 2017

Application sent - 19 Jan 2017
Receipt of Application - 30 Jan 2017
AOR 1 (UCI) - Mar 29 2017
Med. Check - May 15 2017

May I know anyone in HK same status and also what is next to wait for and do
I can't link my application online since Mar 29 as well... Please help

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017

leb

Oct 22, 2015
Sorry this might off the topic,

but somehow some people might know the answer of this.

In CIC website says the instructions for document for Hong Kong.
  • Persons born in the People’s Republic of China since 1996 must submit a notarized copy of the original Medical Certificate of Birth issued by the Ministry of Health of the People's Republic of China. (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted.)
I was born in Hong Kong in 1991, which HK still wasn't part of China.... do I need to submit an explanation?
  • If you hold a passport from this country, you and your family members included in the application must provide:
    • The household register called the “hukou”.
    • Proof of marital status for children 16 years of age and older.
    Hong Kong doesn't have "hukou" but is "hukou" same as HKID card ?
  • For divorces obtained in the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong, please provide an “Absolute nisi decree”
  • If residing in this jurisdiction (or another jurisdiction where Chinese is used for mail delivery): Where indicated, provide your address in Chinese characters as well as in Pinyin or English, including postal code. The mailing address you provide must be the residential address of a person or the business address of a firm. A post office box number is not acceptable.
  • Also include eight (8) address labels with the mailing address in Chinese characters.
I am currently living in Canada, do i still need to provide 8 labels Chinese format and English??

thank you and Sorry again the off topic.

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
thank you for your reply, i appreciate it!

So as it happens i ordered notes from GCMS.

It says the following

Criminal background - in progress

Medical passed

Eligibility - in-progress

Eligibility assessment

Status - Recommend Interview

What does this mean?

does it mean they are not sure if our relationship is genuine?

We sent in so much proof, do you think its worthwhile sending in more proof ? we recently just bought a house and car together ( before we were renting but the rental agreement was in my name only because i moved in before we were together )

any insights would be greatly appreciated?

Starting to panic now as my spouse is here in Canada on a student visa and it costing ALOT :( :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Hi John, could you please check your GCMS note again for me? i want to know the exact date the status become recommend interview? then how long have to wait for the interview request letter since then.

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
11-03 received
12-06 transfer to hk
03-05 criminal records submitted
05-25 DM
06-01 ppr

Medical exam did in front
hi, may i know when you received the criminal record request email?

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Sorry this might off the topic,

but somehow some people might know the answer of this.

In CIC website says the instructions for document for Hong Kong.
  • Persons born in the People’s Republic of China since 1996 must submit a notarized copy of the original Medical Certificate of Birth issued by the Ministry of Health of the People's Republic of China. (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted.)
I was born in Hong Kong in 1991, which HK still wasn't part of China.... do I need to submit an explanation?
  • If you hold a passport from this country, you and your family members included in the application must provide:
    • The household register called the “hukou”.
    • Proof of marital status for children 16 years of age and older.
    Hong Kong doesn't have "hukou" but is "hukou" same as HKID card ?
  • For divorces obtained in the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong, please provide an “Absolute nisi decree”
  • If residing in this jurisdiction (or another jurisdiction where Chinese is used for mail delivery): Where indicated, provide your address in Chinese characters as well as in Pinyin or English, including postal code. The mailing address you provide must be the residential address of a person or the business address of a firm. A post office box number is not acceptable.
  • Also include eight (8) address labels with the mailing address in Chinese characters.
I am currently living in Canada, do i still need to provide 8 labels Chinese format and English??

thank you and Sorry again the off topic.
Internationally PRC and HK are considered two separate entities. So no worries! You dont need to submit any explanation, dont need to submit any 戶口

wtatchan

Apr 15, 2016
Montreal, QC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HongKong
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
HongKong office: 24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Passed!
Interview........
Not needed
LANDED..........
15-07-2017
I got my DM on last Friday! Waiting for my PPR now. I'm a Oct applicant. Good luck to all!

goku17

Jun 7, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
HKVO
App. Filed.......
24-2-2017
Doc's Request.
15-03-2017
File Transfer...
18-4-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-04-2017
Passport Req..
awaiting...
Hi everyone,

We applied in Dec 2016 and not DM yet.
But I would like to share my timeline to see if anyone has similar timeline as ours.

Application sent - 5 Dec 2016
Receipt of Application - 8 Dec 2016
AOR 1 (UCI) - 16 Dec 2016
App. sent to HKVO - 29 Dec 2016
Document request - 12 Jan 2017 ( 16 Jan sent back )
CSQ received - 02 March 2017 (We live in Montreal Quebec. So we applied CSQ in Quebec meanwhile)
CSQ request from HKVO - 26 April 2017 ( same day sent back)

I did upfront medical exam and we paid all fees before we sent out our app.
Now, my status shows my medical exam is passed. Any Dec applicants got DM already??

Hello ,
I live in Montreal also.
May I ask how do you send your CSQ to HKVO? By the Webform or paper letter.
I just got it today.
Thank you:)