+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

hkjohn

May 15, 2017
We submitted our application in mid Jan 2017 and sponsorship approval was very fast, but things seem to have slowed down since the application reached Hong Kong. Our case is as straightforward as they come (applicant is from UK, married over 15 years, 2 Canadian children, living together in HK) but our background check hasn't even started yet even though they started processing the application over 3 months ago.

Me too. We submitted our application in mid Jan 2017 and sponsorship approval was very fast.

Now we don't get any update from HK.

John_Smiths

Apr 8, 2017
Good news today?
well its so weird, when my partner got there, they asked a question about my last relationship and it was so stupid, it looks like an admin error at their end made them question our relationship, after my partner clarified the officer said; oh ok that makes more sense and i understand what your relationship means now' she then went on to say they will contact us within 2 weeks to confirm their decision, so confused does this mean we are good or not? my partner was only there for like 25 mins, they didn't call me either, so it looks good... do you guys think if they approve our application it will change to descsion
Good news today?

SO now i am even more confused, looks like we passed the interview.. so we got a letter this morning saying my spouses needs to submit police Certs for every country he has been since age 18, and police cert for china ?

my partner has been in canada since 17, i thought this meant we didn't know to provide one for china? also the Canadian one isn't that done automatically ?? so confused now

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
well its so weird, when my partner got there, they asked a question about my last relationship and it was so stupid, it looks like an admin error at their end made them question our relationship, after my partner clarified the officer said; oh ok that makes more sense and i understand what your relationship means now' she then went on to say they will contact us within 2 weeks to confirm their decision, so confused does this mean we are good or not? my partner was only there for like 25 mins, they didn't call me either, so it looks good... do you guys think if they approve our application it will change to descsion

SO now i am even more confused, looks like we passed the interview.. so we got a letter this morning saying my spouses needs to submit police Certs for every country he has been since age 18, and police cert for china ?

my partner has been in canada since 17, i thought this meant we didn't know to provide one for china? also the Canadian one isn't that done automatically ?? so confused now
Hi, could you share more questions the interviewer ask? Thanks in advance.

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

We applied in Dec 2016 and not DM yet.
But I would like to share my timeline to see if anyone has similar timeline as ours.

Application sent - 5 Dec 2016
Receipt of Application - 8 Dec 2016
AOR 1 (UCI) - 16 Dec 2016
App. sent to HKVO - 29 Dec 2016
Document request - 12 Jan 2017 ( 16 Jan sent back )
CSQ received - 02 March 2017 (We live in Montreal Quebec. So we applied CSQ in Quebec meanwhile)
CSQ request from HKVO - 26 April 2017 ( same day sent back)

I did upfront medical exam and we paid all fees before we sent out our app.
Now, my status shows my medical exam is passed. Any Dec applicants got DM already??
Not for me, my status changed BGC 4 weeks ago. nothing has changed then.

John_Smiths

Apr 8, 2017
Hi, could you share more questions the interviewer ask? Thanks in advance.
Sure ...well our case was a little unique as they got the gender of my spouse mixed up and were very confused by the photos we sent in
( that is what made them call us in for an interview)

They asked about my last long term relationship and why that ended.......

and also what ours are plans in canada ( we are already here so that was easy), we just bought a condo and car together so they asked for proof of that which we had, and new photos etc,thats about it really ...

In all honestly it wasn't difficult as i think they called us in for an interview in error ( Thanks to them, that cost us $2500Cdn for flights and hotels lol )

Reactions: journeyonmyway

John_Smiths

Apr 8, 2017
now we are being told my partner who hasn't lived in china since before age 18 now need a Chinese Police Cert, ( the guide says you don't ) has anyone had many experiences getting one of these? he is from xinjiang Ürümqi and i know sometimes things are more difficult to get there ?

Reactions: journeyonmyway

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
There are still 3 lines in my ECSA, only "in process" turn DM, haven't received any email or anything
And how about the status shown on your MyKey account?

PGWPARK

Nov 8, 2016
wyho007
A quick question,,
We are waiting for DM and passport request. How do they ask passport from HKVO? Do they send a paper letter or just e-mail? How many day do they give to send the passport? I am living in Canada now and My girl friend didn't receive anything yet. (She applied in December 2016 - outland, HK)
So she is planing to come to Canada before she gets the letter for passport request. So if someone knows, please let me know!
I appreciate!

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hi I sent my app in mid Jan .
Online account shows the pa is under background check for more than a month. I heard that the background check is likely the last stage of proecss, is that true?

Our app. Is quite straightforward , first time marriage for 10 +years, one kid, the pa used to be a permanent resident of Canada and renounce pr status due to failure to comply with the residency requirement.

Hope we could get the visa before July, good luck to everyone!