2015/09
Med's Done....
2015/08
VISA ISSUED...
2016/02
LANDED..........
2016/06
jmo1968 said:
Finally got my COPR hard copy in my mailbox , whole thing took almost a year . Thanks everyone for the help!
Yes. Really really good to you.

a.lolo

Oct 28, 2015
cutietal. said:
I just received mine today regarding my medical exam and police clearance.
Im currently in toronto and try to get it done asap, however the earliest date of the exam would be on the 27th ><
anyway, at least they have opened my file....
Try calling the medical centers in Mississauga. I got an appointment for the next day. Good luck!

David9245

Jan 9, 2015
Hello Everyone, I need your analysis

I made an inquiry to the Hong Kong's visa office about the state of my application and got response from the Beijing Canadian Embassy telling me my file is in queue for review. Does this mean my file has been transferred to Beijing? Lastly, I am one of those 2014 applicant still waiting to hear from them in regards to my eligibility, though last GCSM says review required since July 2014. Can anyone make sense of this?

Note: I initially requested my application be processed at the Beijing office but they transferred it to Hong Kong straight from CIC in missisauga

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
David9245 said:
Hello Everyone, I need your analysis

I made an inquiry to the Hong Kong's visa office about the state of my application and got response from the Beijing Canadian Embassy telling me my file is in queue for review. Does this mean my file has been transferred to Beijing? Lastly, I am one of those 2014 applicant still waiting to hear from them in regards to my eligibility, though last GCSM says review required since July 2014. Can anyone make sense of this?

Note: I initially requested my application be processed at the Beijing office but they transferred it to Hong Kong straight from CIC in missisauga
Which province does the applicant reside in? Eligibility as in sponsorship eligibility or applicant eligibility?

David9245

Jan 9, 2015
Gansu province, not part of the provinces under Hong Kong's jurisdiction initially, And it is the applicants eligibility. The thing is, I have had correspondence with Hong Kong visa office initially until recently where my correspondences is been handled by Beijing.

Biaoliu

Sep 9, 2014
cutietal. said:
I just received mine today regarding my medical exam and police clearance.
Im currently in toronto and try to get it done asap, however the earliest date of the exam would be on the 27th ><
anyway, at least they have opened my file....

If you are in Toronto, Dr. Francis Li takes no appointments. He is around Pape station, try call the number to get more info. They open at 10.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
David9245 said:
Gansu province, not part of the provinces under Hong Kong's jurisdiction initially, And it is the applicants eligibility. The thing is, I have had correspondence with Hong Kong visa office initially until recently where my correspondences is been handled by Beijing.
Last year, they transferred all the files to HK; now perhaps they are switching back? i would get in touch with my MP if i were u and ask to find out whats going on

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
Hi again to all the Taiwan applicants.

My wife's application is in progress (still staying that way since end of October), and I ordered GCMS notes which should arrive in the next week or 2.

We chose to have communication from CIC to come via email. I got SA approval in my email. My wife never got any acknowledgment email. Anyway, when it will be time for the COPR to come, is it done via email or physical mail to our address? We put down current address in Taiwan in English, and followed the instructions to include in our application the address in Chinese. If they send in English, I am always concerned that it may not be delivered as addresses written in English can be confusing...for example, there's the same road name in Fengyuan (where we live) and Taichung itself. In fact on this point, I sent an email to elaborate that the address indicated was missing Fengyuan district and postal code 420. CIC did change it when I accessed my wife's status (her account only, not mine which shows sponsorship as well as primary applicant sections)...it showed "mailing address" to reflect the change, while "home address" showed the old one.

Just want to hear from those Taiwan applicants who have received communication from CIC so far, how they got them.

Thanks.

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
cheng9999 said:
Hi again to all the Taiwan applicants.

My wife's application is in progress (still staying that way since end of October), and I ordered GCMS notes which should arrive in the next week or 2.

We chose to have communication from CIC to come via email. I got SA approval in my email. My wife never got any acknowledgment email. Anyway, when it will be time for the COPR to come, is it done via email or physical mail to our address? We put down current address in Taiwan in English, and followed the instructions to include in our application the address in Chinese. If they send in English, I am always concerned that it may not be delivered as addresses written in English can be confusing...for example, there's the same road name in Fengyuan (where we live) and Taichung itself. In fact on this point, I sent an email to elaborate that the address indicated was missing Fengyuan district and postal code 420. CIC did change it when I accessed my wife's status (her account only, not mine which shows sponsorship as well as primary applicant sections)...it showed "mailing address" to reflect the change, while "home address" showed the old one.

Just want to hear from those Taiwan applicants who have received communication from CIC so far, how they got them.

Thanks.
Glad to see a Taichung fella here, COPR will be mailed via physical mail to your mailing address, you will not get any correspondence from CIC about the second DM or COPR, so make sure your mailing address is correct.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
benitaagogo said:
Glad to see a Taichung fella here, COPR will be mailed via physical mail to your mailing address, you will not get any correspondence from CIC about the second DM or COPR, so make sure your mailing address is correct.
Thanks. Do you remember if HKVO used the address in Chinese Characters or was it in English? The instructions asked for address in Chinese characters saying it'll prevent mailing problems...but if they don't use it, then it's really stupid to ask for it.

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
cheng9999 said:
Thanks. Do you remember if HKVO used the address in Chinese Characters or was it in English? The instructions asked for address in Chinese characters saying it'll prevent mailing problems...but if they don't use it, then it's really stupid to ask for it.
My mailing address is in Canada so it was in English, but I don't think they use Chinese characters for address in Taiwan.

As long as the mailing address on your ECAS is correct (which they did correct the mailing address), it shouldn't be a problem.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
benitaagogo said:
My mailing address is in Canada so it was in English, but I don't think they use Chinese characters for address in Taiwan.

As long as the mailing address on your ECAS is correct (which they did correct the mailing address), it shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks. Just that the addresses still do not match up. Anyway, GCMS notes should be coming soon, so I'll take a look at that first.

By the way, to "doradetw" or "yvrtpe168", I see in the spreadsheet that both of you were asked additional documents? Was it from HKVO or Mississauga? Email or regular postal mail? Thanks.

MA108

Nov 1, 2015
Hi guys, I have a question about including address label.

Background info
1.Me => Principal Applicant (with post-grad work permit valid until Oct 2017).
2.My wife => Sponsor (a naturalized Canadian Citizen).
3.We are both currently living and working in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
4.We apply Outland even though we are physically living in Canada.

According to Part 3. Information Guide: China [IMM 3903], I have to include 8 address labels with mailing address in Chinese characters.
I believe that in my case I only have to include 8 address labels with my residential address in English because I am currently living in Canada, correct?

Thanks.

doradetw

Jan 29, 2016
cheng9999 said:
Thanks. Just that the addresses still do not match up. Anyway, GCMS notes should be coming soon, so I'll take a look at that first.

By the way, to "doradetw" or "yvrtpe168", I see in the spreadsheet that both of you were asked additional documents? Was it from HKVO or Mississauga? Email or regular postal mail? Thanks.
Hi, My request was from HKVO through e-mail. They ask to submit additional docs within 30 days.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
doradetw said:
Hi, My request was from HKVO through e-mail. They ask to submit additional docs within 30 days.
Thanks for sharing "doradetw". Reason why I am concerned we would miss something is that we realized my wife's hotmail auto deleted many incoming emails, possibly ones from CIC. (I applied for her eTA just in case we would travel over during the summer should the application not go through by that time so that our kids can start the school year...but the eTA went straight to the trash folder, not even stopping at the SPAM folder...luckily it stayed in trash for a day before being auto-deleted.) Our e-Cas does not show a line saying "we sent you blah blah blah....", as some have said shows up in their e-Cas, but still I am concerned. Does your e-Cas have a line stating CIC asked on whatever date for you to submit additional information?

GCMS notes are supposed to show up a few days ago, but delayed so I cannot see if there was any action by CIC for information request...don't want to miss their deadlines, as you say there's only 30 days to respond. May I ask, what kind of information did CIC ask you to submit?--we did everything upfront, medical, police report, so I cannot imagine what additional information CIC would ask, but hate to miss any request from them. Thanks again.