+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
cicong said:
They must have JUST RECENTLY changed the requirement. Their application instructions stated that "Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent." And now they are going back to require all those previously applied to provide data from age of 18 - that is so ridiculous.
If you read the form, it still says 18 years or 10 years, whichever one is more recent. But if you actually follow that, there is a risk. Actually other people pointed it out too...some do not have any problems, but many get asked to fill in more information. That's what kept me worrying afterwards, but our eCas did not show "we sent you correspondence..." as many people have in their eCas.

Sigh...it's one of those things. In our case, it was not much effort to write more, but the last single activity for my wife was 15 years, and we only wrote that. Actually in the other section regarding education, she was in school so you can even say it is quite obvious what she was actually doing before that.

It satisfied the requirement, but they wanted more, and want the information in the section they want it.

In your case, you got your email and you can submit this very easily and quickly. In my case, it is a 3 month delay hopefully with no negative impact to the case.

Again, sharing this so other readers will know...just avoid any hassles and write the history to the fullest.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cicong said:
So, i just received an email from the HK Visa office. It reads,

"This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review."

Does anyone know if this is a standard letter? Among many other items, it asks me to submit "Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669)". Do we have to provide another schedule A if one was submitted already with the application months ago?

Thanks!
Sounds like a standard AOR2 email from HKVO. When did you apply/received sponsorship approval?

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
sashali78 said:
Sounds like a standard AOR2 email from HKVO. When did you apply/received sponsorship approval?
We applied in April 2015 and received SA Approval in end of May 2015, then the file was transferred to HK in June. Then apparently it sat there for 6+ months until today they decide to acknowledge it. I was so angry that I contacted my MP 2 weeks ago but he referred me to his assistant who called the immigration office and they provided essentially the same information to me as the online system. Now I know who NOT to vote for in the next federal election.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cicong said:
We applied in April 2015 and received SA Approval in end of May 2015, then the file was transferred to HK in June. Then apparently it sat there for 6+ months until today they decide to acknowledge it. I was so angry that I contacted my MP 2 weeks ago but he referred me to his assistant who called the immigration office and they provided essentially the same information to me as the online system. Now I know who NOT to vote for in the next federal election.
So you never got this kind of email from HKVO before?? Seems like they really outdid themselves this time. Really sorry to hear you got into this situation, but at least you can expect things to move on from now on. I really cannot stress it enough how everyone should stay on top of their files and inquire/make noise when something doesn't look right...

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
cheng9999 said:
If you read the form, it still says 18 years or 10 years, whichever one is more recent. But if you actually follow that, there is a risk. Actually other people pointed it out too...some do not have any problems, but many get asked to fill in more information. That's what kept me worrying afterwards, but our eCas did not show "we sent you correspondence..." as many people have in their eCas.

Sigh...it's one of those things. In our case, it was not much effort to write more, but the last single activity for my wife was 15 years, and we only wrote that. Actually in the other section regarding education, she was in school so you can even say it is quite obvious what she was actually doing before that.

It satisfied the requirement, but they wanted more, and want the information in the section they want it.

In your case, you got your email and you can submit this very easily and quickly. In my case, it is a 3 month delay hopefully with no negative impact to the case.

Again, sharing this so other readers will know...just avoid any hassles and write the history to the fullest.
I just sent a case-specific inquiry to ask for clarification. If they don't respond in 3 days, we will re-submit that form just in case. Do you guys use Fedex or SF-Express to send letters to HK Office?

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
sashali78 said:
So you never got this kind of email from HKVO before?? Seems like they really outdid themselves this time. Really sorry to hear you got into this situation, but at least you can expect things to move on from now on. I really cannot stress it enough how everyone should stay on top of their files and inquire/make noise when something doesn't look right...
This is the first time we received confirmation from HKVO. The last one we received was a confirmation of the application from CIC on behalf of HKVO at the end of June when they transferred the file over to HKVO.

"This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2015/04/07.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
........"

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
Dear xx

This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review.

PART ONE – DOCUMENT REQUEST

In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

You are required to do a medical exam if you have not yet done so or your medical exam results will expire within the next 120 days. Medical instruction forms will be sent to you separately if required.

If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.

If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.

For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).

If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

For the principal applicant:

If not yet paid and not exempt: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. For information regarding fees and exemptions, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.

All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
Just curious, my wife receive this email from hkvo today, all the documents listed in the email had been submitted originally to missisauga CPC already, with the exception IMM5669 need to be submitted again since the history require is since age 18 not the past 10 years.

Does that mean I have to resubmit everything again or just the updated IMM5669 is good enough?

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
JYC said:
Just curious, my wife receive this email from hkvo today, all the documents listed in the email had been submitted originally to missisauga CPC already, with the exception IMM5669 need to be submitted again since the history require is since age 18 not the past 10 years.

Does that mean I have to resubmit everything again or just the updated IMM5669 is good enough?
Oh my goodness, it seems like they just sent that en-mass... I received the same email...

When did you apply?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JYC said:

Like i mentioned above its AOR2 from HKVO, also called a perfection letter, allowing you to "perfect" your documentation. Just submit whatever is missing or need to be updated. I assume it arrived on time for you, i.e. about 2.5-3 months after initial application or 2-3 weeks after sponsorship approval?

stanstan

Jan 6, 2016
JYC said:

I have received this letter just now...
I am sponsoring my kid, I plan to resubmit the 5669 and the birth certificate.
Apparently in the Country specific package information they didn't specify which version of birth certificate(there are two version of that in PRC, the notary one and the hospital one, for myself I always use the notary one without any problem within my last ten years...). I decide to send both versions(I send one version before)...

My kid is only 2 years old...they need background check and police records... ???

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stanstan said:
I have received this letter just now...
I am sponsoring my kid, I plan to resubmit the 5669 and the birth certificate.
Apparently in the Country specific package information they didn't specify which version of birth certificate(there are two version of that in PRC, the notary one and the hospital one, for myself I always use the notary one without any problem within my last ten years...). I decide to send both versions(I send one version before)...

My kid is only 2 years old...they need background check and police records... ???
Anyone below age of 18 does not need police/background checks. Make sure you read and follow your instructions carefully, applications can be delayed by either side's fault.

stanstan

Jan 6, 2016
sashali78 said:
Anyone below age of 18 does not need police/background checks. Make sure you read and follow your instructions carefully, applications can be delayed by either side's fault.
Since you brought up "read and follow your instructions carefully", this is the original sentence from country specific instructions:

You must submit original police certificates of good conduct or clearances from each country in
which you and each of your family members aged 18 years or over have resided six continuous
months or more since reaching 18 years of age.

Seriously it is really ambiguous in terms of English grammar.

I also speak French myself, the ambiguity is cleared when simply checking the singular/plural form of verbs. I mean, the "aged" applies to members or you?

Anyway I am just joking on their language in an official document but not the logic applies to the background check for a kid. :p
I provide everything I can to make my application look serious. :)

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stanstan said:
Since you brought up "read and follow your instructions carefully", this is the original sentence from country specific instructions:

You must submit original police certificates of good conduct or clearances from each country in
which you and each of your family members aged 18 years or over have resided six continuous
months or more since reaching 18 years of age.

Seriously it is really ambiguous in terms of English grammar.

I also speak French myself, the ambiguity is cleared when simply checking the singular/plural form of verbs. I mean, the "aged" applies to members or you?

Anyway I am just joking on their language in an official document but not the logic applies to the background check for a kid. :p
I provide everything I can to make my application look serious. :)
Not sure what you find ambiguous in this sentence "...you and each of your family members aged 18 years or over..." , it sounds pretty clear to me.
Good luck with the application :)

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
sashali78 said:
Like i mentioned above its AOR2 from HKVO, also called a perfection letter, allowing you to "perfect" your documentation. Just submit whatever is missing or need to be updated. I assume it arrived on time for you, i.e. about 2.5-3 months after initial application or 2-3 weeks after sponsorship approval?
Thanks for the info.