+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Support Worker Pilot timeline

Weeks

Apr 16, 2024
Hi there!

I am new to this program (As I'm sure others are) and I am an employer living with a disability looking to hire a new caregiver. Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on what the approximate timeline is for recruiting and hiring a replacement caregiver? Also, does anyone know how close it is to being capped off? I read somewhere that they accept 5500 or 5000 applications per year between the childcare stream, and the Home Support Worker Pilot persons with disabilities stream

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there!

I am new to this program (As I'm sure others are) and I am an employer living with a disability looking to hire a new caregiver. Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on what the approximate timeline is for recruiting and hiring a replacement caregiver? Also, does anyone know how close it is to being capped off? I read somewhere that they accept 5500 or 5000 applications per year between the childcare stream, and the Home Support Worker Pilot persons with disabilities stream
Home support worker is still open but the pilot ends in June with no government announcement on continuation or new guidelines. Is your employee in Canada with an open work permit? Do you live in Quebec? If no then processing time is about 32 months.

1234@yug

Jul 7, 2023
We applied in Aug 2022 Home support Worker
Document requested since Jan 2024
- employers letter
- experience letter
-PCC
Now medical in April ( submitted )

How long to get passport request now?