+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Child Care Provider Pilot(Gaining Experience)

olijan

Apr 24, 2023
Hi,

I'm currently in Canada an open work permit (my husband is an international student). I have a full-time work as a Child caregiver since July. If I apply for PR on January 1, what will happen to the following:
1) My current work permit visa expires on March 2024 (but my husband will apply for PGWP). Will my open work permit be converted to an occupation-restricted open work permit (OROWP)?
2) What will happen to the visa application of my husband who will apply for PGWP on Dec 2023?
3) Will I be able to apply for PR on July 2024 (after gaining 1 year full-time experience as caregiver)?
4) What type of documents do I need from my employer?

thank you so much for taking the time to read.

tetunte

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
I am exactly in the same position as you.

I recommend you that you create your PR application, once there you can see all the forms and requirement required. To see all the documents that you need for your January Application download the form imm5981e. But for your current employer needs to fill you a new OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT form IMM5983 (that is used in this path).

You apply for PR in January but is put on hold, later in July 2024 you send proof of work experience and the PR is resume

Follow the official link for this pilot https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/pathways-for-caregivers/child-care-provider-support-pilots/application-process.html#how-the-process-works

Anjorinabiolafelicia

Oct 19, 2023
Hi,

I'm currently in Canada an open work permit (my husband is an international student). I have a full-time work as a Child caregiver since July. If I apply for PR on January 1, what will happen to the following:
1) My current work permit visa expires on March 2024 (but my husband will apply for PGWP). Will my open work permit be converted to an occupation-restricted open work permit (OROWP)?
2) What will happen to the visa application of my husband who will apply for PGWP on Dec 2023?
3) Will I be able to apply for PR on July 2024 (after gaining 1 year full-time experience as caregiver)?

Anjorinabiolafelicia

Oct 19, 2023
Hi,

Anjorinabiolafelicia

Oct 19, 2023
Hello pls I'm processing my relocation to Canada on home child care program, this coming year 2024 I need link to get who can employ me as living nanny because I need it to serve as my employer letter and to be able to work when I get there, because I'm applying under gaining experience pilot.
Pls another question is how much is application fee for family of 4?? I will be expecting the reply as soon as possible.
Thanks.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Hi,

Forgive me, but are you just assuming that you will be picked as one of the 2,750 applicants picked for this pilot? I can assume that there will be tens of thousands of applicants and it is not a guarantee that you will be picked.

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
Caregiver Job Offer for you!!!!!

Hi all

I have a child below 18 years and I need caregiver. My mother is living with me but I do not want to hire her as caregiver (even though IRCC mentions one can hire relatives) because I do not want to risk my mother's PR application through caregiver pathway.

I am looking for a family who has a child below 18 years of age and needs caregiver. We can sponsor each other's relatives so that there is no risk in final PR application for the relative.

Interested families please reach out. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello pls I'm processing my relocation to Canada on home child care program, this coming year 2024 I need link to get who can employ me as living nanny because I need it to serve as my employer letter and to be able to work when I get there, because I'm applying under gaining experience pilot.
Pls another question is how much is application fee for family of 4?? I will be expecting the reply as soon as possible.
Thanks.
You need to do your own job search and there are no jobs here. You need ECA and IELTS. Program opens and closes on January 1 so you need a job to be eligible for 2024. You can look up fees on the IRCC website for 4. Children need study permits. All need medicals.

Anjorinabiolafelicia

Oct 19, 2023
Thanks so much for this link I have read it, pls I want to ask , the opening time of the form on January 2024, is Nigeria time 12am? or Canada time,12am? what time exactly will they open the portal? Pls can you give details of this? Thanks for your prompt response always.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks so much for this link I have read it, pls I want to ask , the opening time of the form on January 2024, is Nigeria time 12am? or Canada time,12am? what time exactly will they open the portal? Pls can you give details of this? Thanks for your prompt response always.
Ok. So you have a job offer, IELTS and ECA so you are ready to go. Applications are based on UTC time.