+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Holding FSW express entry PR Visa - getting job offer from Montreal

apoorvawat

Dec 2, 2017
Hi All,
I am holding a PR Visa through Federal Skilled Worker express entry program and planning to land in Toronto. But I am getting a good job offer from Montreal which I would like to join.
I came to know that to settle initially in Quebec, a CSQ is required which I do not have.
Are there any problems which I may face if I complete my landing formalities in Toronto and then move to Montreal?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi All,
I am holding a PR Visa through Federal Skilled Worker express entry program and planning to land in Toronto. But I am getting a good job offer from Montreal which I would like to join.
I came to know that to settle initially in Quebec, a CSQ is required which I do not have.
Are there any problems which I may face if I complete my landing formalities in Toronto and then move to Montreal?
Check this thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/settling-in-quebec-although-not-province-nominee.536427/

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Hi All,
what is ur profession? and how u apply for job in Montreal?

Canada18

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
12th Oct 2017
Med's Done....
18th Sept 2017
Passport Req..
9th November 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th November 2017
LANDED..........
4th December 2017
Hi All,
Land in Toronto and move to Montreal by VIARAIL. Check luggage options. I moved to Montreal too by the same process last month. I landed in Toronto and stayed there for 4 days and came to Montreal. No issues at all.

Reactions: apoorvawat

apoorvawat

Dec 2, 2017
Land in Toronto and move to Montreal by VIARAIL. Check luggage options. I moved to Montreal too by the same process last month. I landed in Toronto and stayed there for 4 days and came to Montreal. No issues at all.
Thanks for the reply.. This is of great help.

docSB

May 24, 2018
Hi All,

Hi Apoorvawat, Did you make this move? Any problems faced so far? Any run-ins with the IRCC Officials?