+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

History of refugee claimant and spousal sponsorship

Kokarof

Feb 5, 2019
Hey everyone

before 4 years I made stupid decision and I applied for refugee claim, I realized that its mistake after about one month so I withdrew it and paid my ticket back to my country

my removal order was 100% smooth and i paid for my ticket

Im planning to marry my canadian fiancé which i met online and we will make the wedding within months in my country , our relationship is genuine 100%

my question is do you think that ill face problems when my wife sponsor me ?
and what kind of problems ? Knowing that im eligible for EE now with 471 (I will reach this next year ) score (dentist with 3+ experience) so basically i can apply for ee by myself but it will takE longer time

And do i have to inform my fiance about the refugee claimant thing or no need

thank you

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone

before 4 years I made stupid decision and I applied for refugee claim, I realized that its mistake after about one month so I withdrew it and paid my ticket back to my country

Im planning to marry my canadian fiancé which i met online and we will make the wedding within months in my country , our relationship is genuine 100%

and what kind of problems ? Knowing that im eligible for EE now with 471 (I will reach this next year ) score (dentist with 3+ experience) so basically i can apply for ee by myself but it will takE longer time

thank you
Your best and fastest option is to apply for PR on your own. You should get selected with CRS of 471.

Reactions: Buletruck

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So you met your Canadian fiancé online. Have you spent time with her in person? It's a red flag on cases where couples get married on their first visit.

As replied, I think you may be better to apply on your own under EE.

Reactions: Buletruck

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Do not worry, just try to send as much evidence of the relationship as possible and for sure that you will have an interview, because they will want to know why you previously applied for refuge.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everyone

thank you
I would recommend that you and your fiance visit each other a few times before getting married. Don't get married during your first trip to see each other in person. If you get married during your first trip, much higher chance IRCC will have concerns about the relationship not being genuine.