+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi

Natygabe

Jan 9, 2018
If he qualifies to apply for PR and has enough points to be selected, this rehabilitation application is approved, and his PR application is approved - then yes, he would be able to enter Canada. However until all of this happens - he won't be able to enter.

Do I have to show that much money in my account to enter Canada as well.. or is it just the paperwork and the approvals that matter?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do I have to show that much money in my account to enter Canada as well.. or is it just the paperwork and the approvals that matter?
You'll need to show a bank balance with that amount when you submit your application and may also be asked to prove you still have the funds when you enter Canada to become permanent residents.

You'll also need some or possibly all of these funds to live (i.e. pay for housing, food, etc.) when you first arrive in Canada.

Natygabe

Jan 9, 2018
You'll need to show a bank balance with that amount when you submit your application and may also be asked to prove you still have the funds when you enter Canada to become permanent residents.

You'll also need some or possibly all of these funds to live (i.e. pay for housing, food, etc.) when you first arrive in Canada.
Does my or my kids’citizenship from the United States not help?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you know how long maybe like an estimate of how long it will take for the whole process? Or how much it would cost?
Proof of funds needed depending on your family size: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

Express Entry fees: $1040 for you and $1040 for your common law (if applicable) plus $150 for each of your dependents. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Other than that also consider fees for medicals and police certificates.

Reactions: Natygabe

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Reading through this post I think you are inquiring about finances required to Enter Canada in case your boyfriend gets to Canada. Then no, financial requirements are required for you to visit Canada as an US Citizen visiting Canada.

You you are inquiring about you applying for Canadian PR to migrate, then yes you require funds as indicated by others. US Citizens also require same proof of funds as others.

Now here are my two cents but before I start I want to inform that this is not a legal advice but just a suggestion from a fellow PR applicant. First thing is to apply for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). Your bf needs to send his fingerprint along with payment to FBI. (https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks). Note this does not have any negative implications against him. FBI only provides details on existing records if any in their system against him. (This will be one of the documents he will require to get if he is applying for PR anyway). If the FBI report has his felony/arrest/fight and deportation details then follow the rehabilitation way suggest by other. If the report is clear, and it can be since deportation is an immigration offence and may not show up in FBI PCC. (Note you still have to disclose the deportation and other charges in appropriate places in the application. Not disclosing relevant info will bar him from Canada for 5 years). If the FBI report is clean he could apply for PR assuming he meets all other criteria (education evaluation, language requirement, work experience for 1 year or more in a NOC 0, A, B skill type and meets the CRS score to receive an ITA).

**Also suggest you to consult an immigration lawyer for your case.

Reactions: Natygabe

Natygabe

Jan 9, 2018
Reading through this post I think you are inquiring about finances required to Enter Canada in case your boyfriend gets to Canada. Then no, financial requirements are required for you to visit Canada as an US Citizen visiting Canada.

You you are inquiring about you applying for Canadian PR to migrate, then yes you require funds as indicated by others. US Citizens also require same proof of funds as others.

Now here are my two cents but before I start I want to inform that this is not a legal advice but just a suggestion from a fellow PR applicant. First thing is to apply for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). Your bf needs to send his fingerprint along with payment to FBI. (https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks). Note this does not have any negative implications against him. FBI only provides details on existing records if any in their system against him. (This will be one of the documents he will require to get if he is applying for PR anyway). If the FBI report has his felony/arrest/fight and deportation details then follow the rehabilitation way suggest by other. If the report is clear, and it can be since deportation is an immigration offence and may not show up in FBI PCC. (Note you still have to disclose the deportation and other charges in appropriate places in the application. Not disclosing relevant info will bar him from Canada for 5 years). If the FBI report is clean he could apply for PR assuming he meets all other criteria (education evaluation, language requirement, work experience for 1 year or more in a NOC 0, A, B skill type and meets the CRS score to receive an ITA).

**Also suggest you to consult an immigration lawyer for your case.
Thank you so much..

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017

Natygabe

Jan 9, 2018
Just my opinion....figure out if you're even eligible for Express Entry before wading into the specifics. Go to this website and read what is required https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html. You're asking many situational questions that might require a lawyer.
I am looking for a good lawyer that can help me.. but I jus wana get informed as much as I can jus to know out of curiosity.. but I will check out the link thanks..