+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hi leon need your immediate help

Oct 24, 2011
Hi Farid,

How is your interview passed? Are you safe? Please update with your interview status.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all i am so sorry for late reply actually there was nothing to update plus i was so tensed too..still i will write what i experienced in interview:
so smart thing to do according to my experience when they call you for interview, send them all papers and proofs and brief description of your situation before interview that's what i did, so officer have at least fair idea what happened and all that..

so my interview was scheduled at 10:00 am, officer came at 10:20 a.m she said she was reading my case so that's why she is late.

she was nice she asked me why you overstayed at first place. so i said my son was only 2 yrs. old i couldn't leave him right away and my situation after marriage due to my in laws didn't allow me to come..
then she asked what you will lose if we sent you back. i said everything my house, job, my child's sponsor everything.

whole interview took only less than a hr. you can say and focus was only on these two points. she didn't ask me to prove that i was here sine 2010 as i said i already send everything before interview so it saves time and pressure she didn't even check any original document as i sent photocopies of statements, bills whatever i could to prove the time i spent in Canada.

but the worst part is they didn't say yes or no. she seemed convinced though that i am fully established and all but i am still awaiting for there final decision so if anything comes up of course i will update in the forum.

main thing when you sent the documents divide it and have focus on these points to make it to the point and effective:
1. what were the circumstances who didn't let you come?
2. how quickly you came back? when had a chance.
3. how established you are in Canada? job this that.
4. do you have any intention to go back?
5. what will you loose if we send you back?

so best of luck to all of you in same situation.

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Hi.Good to know that you are passed from this stage. Hope you will hear good news from CIC. you must have smelled from her gestures too what did she say finally? I mean was she somewhat positive?

Did you file taxes in your absence? did the lady ask you about the taxes and your income in back home?
You can find my e-mail from my profile. Please let me know your phone no. so that i can share few other topics regarding my situation.

regards

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Dear miss farid please let us know about the lawyer whom you know who can guide on nominal charges or does tele consulship.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys
To be very honest i just wasted $150-200. just for taking advice or you can say editing or finding any drawbacks in my story. i wrote everything myself and also the paper work. he just edited which he thought is not right.
if you want i can give the no.
plus she said two things through which i can say she was in my favor, to be very honest couldn't judge anything from her expression.

when i asked her at the end what shall i do? shall i apply for renewal or not ? so she said i can't say anything but why you didn't apply before? so i said i have no intentions to leave Canada that's why i didn't apply.. so she said ya in our opinion people apply when they are leaving but in your case it doesn't seems like that you want to go and in between lines she said i can see you are fully established so these two things i can say were in my favor (as these two were the main things which they consider the most in these kind of interviews: plus also the basic ground for humanitarian basis if you are not fulfilling 730 days of physical presence ).

my answer is in detail as it might help someone.

and yes i did attach tax returns and pay stubs , bank statements everything as these are the main proof of my presence.

don't you worry just go with a positive attitude show your confidence as they note every damn thing even the way you are talking your hand gestures everything. so look directly in their eyes show your confidence and above all you are saying the truth by all means show that you wanted to come but you couldn't because of the situation and now you are fully settled and you don't want to go back home.
may Allah be with you

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
don't show too much that you have that much financial assets back home that will show that you have strong ties back home

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
A.a.
Ms. Farid please let me know that when did you receive letter from CIC for interview. It is just to know that generally what is the time span b/w the call letter and the interview.

thank you

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i recieved residency questionnaire in end of Feb. 2011 and interview was on 05.03.2012

sicu

Apr 23, 2012
hi leon need your immediate help

Hi Leon,
We landed in 2007, two sons are studying in the university . We did not satisfy the residency obligation as we had to be constantly visit our home country . My father in law had alziemers and was very sick - bedridden , mother in law also old and alone , so we had to visit them often , recently Father in law expired ,My husband is the only son , sisters are married and away .
My mother had broken her leg , operated and renal problems I am the only child and need to visit and take care of her , To meet with the life - we are presently working in UAE, from where its closer to visit them and afford the expenses incurred .
We have property here.
Our cards are due to expire in Sept 2012 , we are here now to apply for renewal of PR cards , and we are unable to stay for 2 years here at present.
We tried to consult few people -
the advise we got -was to let the PR card expire and then come on visit visa
apply on H & C ground
cancel and reapply for new application for residncy
let your children sponsor you later

I would like Leon and other experinced people advise me in this matter urgently , as to what path should we take
Thanks
Sicu

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you manage to renew your PR cards based on H&C reasons of taking care of your sick parents, your second problem will be if you continue to be outside Canada and continue not to meet the residency requirements.

You could let your PR cards expire and apply for a travel document based on H&C reasons once you are ready to return to Canada. If you don't get it, you could look into applying for immigration again or your children sponsoring you if at that time they have opened the program for parents again and your children are making enough money to sponsor you.

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Dear Ms farid
Did you hear anything from CIC?
Good Luck
Janay

p.s.Please keep updating us. thank you.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nothing dear
rather yesterday for my husband sponsor they still ask all statements, and everything again.
but no reply from CIC.

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
so this is positive indication that they are in touch with you for future (and Insha Allah) decisions and certainly positive.
go ahead....send the required docs. and wait for their next and final decision. hope you will hear good news. From the statements they want to see your financial position in order to settle your family here in Canada. keep updating, I pray for you.
Good luck
Janay

sicu

Apr 23, 2012
:-[
sicu said:
Hi Leon,
We landed in 2007, two sons are studying in the university . We did not satisfy the residency obligation as we had to be constantly visit our home country . My father in law had alziemers and was very sick - bedridden , mother in law also old and alone , so we had to visit them often , recently Father in law expired ,My husband is the only son , sisters are married and away .
My mother had broken her leg , operated and renal problems I am the only child and need to visit and take care of her , To meet with the life - we are presently working in UAE, from where its closer to visit them and afford the expenses incurred .
We have property here.
Our cards are due to expire in Sept 2012 , we are here now to apply for renewal of PR cards , and we are unable to stay for 2 years here at present.
We tried to consult few people -
the advise we got -was to let the PR card expire and then come on visit visa
apply on H & C ground
cancel and reapply for new application for residncy
let your children sponsor you later

I would like Leon and other experinced people advise me in this matter urgently , as to what path should we take
Thanks
Sicu