+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hemophilia is a point for express entry refusal?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Mirage112

Mar 26, 2015
Hi!

My boyfriend applied in March 2015 for PR. He has hemophilia. We are still waiting for an answer. CIC said they are doing the background check, hopefully it means he passed the medical check. I will let you know what was the decision.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Itza

Oct 15, 2016
Mirage112 said:
Hi!

My boyfriend applied in March 2015 for PR. He has hemophilia. We are still waiting for an answer. CIC said they are doing the background check, hopefully it means he passed the medical check. I will let you know what was the decision.

Anyone had a similar experience?
Almost two years and you dont get answer?

Mirage112 said:
Hi everyone.

My boyfriend has hemophilia and he wants to apply for his PR in Canada. He's been in Canada for 2 years, for his studies (now he's done and is looking for a job). I was wondering if any of you knows anyone who applied for PR as an hemophiliac or knows more informations about the criteria "Applicants may be denied if... : Their admission might cause excessive demand on existing social or health services provided by the government." He is really worried about this because his disease might be a reason to get rejected.

Thank you.
How did he get the drugs at that time in Canada?

Do you think we can talk any other way? Would be of much help to me

Thank you.

mardin

Aug 11, 2017
My name is Mardin and I am 22 years old, I have hemophilia A. I live in Kurdistan Region, Iraq. I am senior petroleum engineer student also i want to study MBA in canada.
I ask for help so as to have a stable life, when apply for MBA.

regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My name is Mardin and I am 22 years old, I have hemophilia A. I live in Kurdistan Region, Iraq. I am senior petroleum engineer student also i want to study MBA in canada.
I ask for help so as to have a stable life, when apply for MBA.

regards
It really depends on the severity of your hemophilia.

It may be possible for you to get a study permit - however it may be quite a bit more difficult to get PR if you require frequent infusions.

zayanvit

Oct 7, 2017
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Canadian PR. I have Hemophilia A. I have read the thread and the answers were ambiguous. Could anyone elaborate if Hemophilia would be a chance for rejection?

I would really appreciate if anyone with Hemophilia who had immigrated can tell their journey so far.

Thanks in advance,
Zee

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Canadian PR. I have Hemophilia A. I have read the thread and the answers were ambiguous. Could anyone elaborate if Hemophilia would be a chance for rejection?

I would really appreciate if anyone with Hemophilia who had immigrated can tell their journey so far.

Thanks in advance,
Zee
Not sure what's unclear. Yes - Hemophilia can certainly be a reason for rejection. Whether it will be a refusal reason for you depends on the treatment you require and that CIC believes you'll need once it Canada. If the annual costs of your care are expected to cost the health care system more than $6,500 per year over the next 5-10 years, this is grounds for refusal.

zayanvit

Oct 7, 2017
Great. Thanks so much @scylla and @canuck78 for your quick response.

I was in UK for 2 years on work permit and I was getting Free medicines from the NHS(Healthcare). Do you think If I come to Canada under work permit instead of PR, during emergency will the healthcare provide me Factor VIII for infusion?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The Canadian healthcare system covers less than the NHS like dental care, vision, prescription medication, not sure about physiotherapy, etc If you are able to get PR or FSW you will be provided with factor VIII in an emergency situation at the hospital. The issue is due to the fact that you require infusions and not pills for the medication/blood product and also require the services to infuse the costs go up pretty quickly. A bit confused about why you are asking this question. I hope you realize that neglecting to mention your medical condition could cause you lots of problems.

zayanvit

Oct 7, 2017
I will definitely mention about my medical condition since it is life long. I was making sure in case if my PR or FSW gets approved. During emergency, if the healthcare would support or not.

Your answer does explain everything clearly. Cheers.

ciarzon92

Jun 22, 2018
Hi , i am currently in the same situation, I have Haemophilia and am looking to apply for year graduate visa to work in Canada, I have been to the USA on a 3 month work visa before and received health insurance on the work visa and brought bulk medication with me, which was no problem, would I be able to do something similar for Canada?

I currently live in Ireland

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi , i am currently in the same situation, I have Haemophilia and am looking to apply for year graduate visa to work in Canada, I have been to the USA on a 3 month work visa before and received health insurance on the work visa and brought bulk medication with me, which was no problem, would I be able to do something similar for Canada?

I currently live in Ireland
You can legally bring up to a 90 day medication supply with you to Canada. Anything beyond that must be obtained in Canada.

RajRam

Aug 11, 2018
Hello,

I am a hemophiliac,can anyone please help me on what are the chances of my PR application getting rejected ?
Currently I am in canada with closed work permit and undergoing prophylaxis. If I apply for PR will they check my medical records in Canada and does it have any impact on medical assesement for PR ?
Just for safety or prevention, I am using factors as prophylaxis and in my country I used to have on demand treatment. Please help me I'm very much interested in migrating to Canada and this factor making me worried.

One more thing, as per new public medical policy, the limit or threshold for average medical charges has changed to $19000 .
Is this true if yes, Will hemophilia is exempted form this list.

Or is there any way that I can get PR ?

Please..please help me!

Regards
Phani.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I am a hemophiliac,can anyone please help me on what are the chances of my PR application getting rejected ?
Currently I am in canada with closed work permit and undergoing prophylaxis. If I apply for PR will they check my medical records in Canada and does it have any impact on medical assesement for PR ?
Just for safety or prevention, I am using factors as prophylaxis and in my country I used to have on demand treatment. Please help me I'm very much interested in migrating to Canada and this factor making me worried.

One more thing, as per new public medical policy, the limit or threshold for average medical charges has changed to $19000 .
Is this true if yes, Will hemophilia is exempted form this list.

Or is there any way that I can get PR ?

Please..please help me!

Regards
Phani.
No diseases are exempt from the new cap. Yes the panel physician will have access to your medicare usage. Treatment for haemophilia varies so it is hard to say would or would not get PR. You may get a procedural fairness letter where you will have to show that you various treatments, medications, doctors visits, admissions, etc cost less that 19 K. Could be much worse it was $6500 before the summer.